Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deadline for application: 31st December, 2020
Start Date: Mid-January, 2021
Duty Station: Mathare
Duration: 3 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières France Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of a Lay Counselor Educator. The successful candidate reports to the Health Promotion Supervisor.
Objective of the Position:
Implement Health Promotion activities with all key stake holders including Mathare, Eastleigh and the larger Eastlands population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical services that MSF provides. Facilitate networking and strengthen the link between MSF, Mathare, Eastleigh and the larger Eastlands communities.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Networking and awareness by informing all key stakeholders including the larger Eastland communities about MSF and the services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the project beneficiaries and populations living in Mathare,Eastleigh and larger Eastlands communities on specific health topics.
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in learning institutions religious institutions, medical facilities, state and non-state actors, among others), under the indications and supervision of the Health Promotion Supervisor. (4) Under the guide of the Health Promotion Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Be an active member of the health promotion team and support other departmental teams with their community activities.
- Participate in any other program activities as will be required
- Essential training in Social Sciences, Social Communication, Community Development or Teaching
- Desirable 2 years of previous work experience in social work, community mobilization or teaching. Previous experience with MSF is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must. Local languages essential. Somali speakers desired.
Knowledge and Competence
- Required good computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Results oriented, teamwork, flexibility, commitment and service
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the subject email line, “Lay Counselor Educator”, to:
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.