Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About TaRL Africa
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa is a new high-profile initiative jointly led by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) and the Indian Education NGO Pratham. TaRL Africa works to improve basic reading and arithmetic skills of children on the African continent and aims to reach 3 million children in the next five years. Key countries of operation include Kenya, Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria and Zambia.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa seeks an Operations Coordinator to lead and support in country programs. The role will work closely with both public and private partners in ensuring that there is effective management of teaching at the right level facilitators or volunteers. This involves hiring and shortlisting volunteers, supporting daily operations and administration of in country programs. Furthermore, the position holder will also ensure that program logistics are done effectively, efficiently, and compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Recruitment and Selection of TaRL Facilitators/volunteers:
- Support the implementation of the recruitment strategy and drive key milestones
- Support the marketing strategy – recommending broadcasting, print and social media recruitment advertisement
- Establish eligibility, criteria and scoring system for volunteer selection
- Engage facilitators on social media throughout the application process in a timely manner
- Lead the dissemination of the Country Preference and Transferable Skills Survey and confirm receipt of relevant materials required
- Manage submissions on the integrated volunteer portal
- Logistics management – printing, sorting and preparing and packing all materials required for the volunteer recruitment process.
- Manage all field logistics
- Motivate applicants through the multi stage application process
- Manage Program Logistics
- Provide administrative support on logistical arrangements for program activities and implementation including recruitment of volunteers, selection and deployment
- Logistics management – printing, sorting and preparing and packing all materials required for the volunteer, recruitment, training, service period and closure
- Keep adequate records of all program inventory allocated to different team members
- Keep adequate records and filing of volunteer information
- Program Implementation and Facilitator/Volunteer Management
- Work with data associate to ensure monthly volunteer lists are generated and shared with the program secretariat for processing and payment
- Set up and manage an echo mobile platform for volunteer reporting
- Make follow up on all issues from the field including but not limited to volunteer presence, data submission and verification.
- Work closely with volunteer county team leaders to ensure county teams remain motivated and committed to the TaRL course.
- Keep track of all issues and regularly share feedback with the program manager on all issues arising from the field.
- Work closely with county officials to ensure that all issues affecting volunteers and requiring urgent action are reported and attended to in a timely manner.
- Support planning, organizing and executing county activation, head teachers and teacher orientations.
- Program Improvement and Documentation
- Support development of program content including drafting and piloting volunteer materials.
- Support program design and improvement.
- Design and implement the TaRL Africa Volunteer Code of Conduct Policy
- Support the program manager in preparing technical and programme reports for the programme.
- Support the implementation of learning labs and innovative technology for TaRL improvement.
- Support Other Teams as Necessary and as Assigned by the Line Manager
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Science or any relevant
- 3-5 years work experience working in a similar role preferably in the education sector.
- Experience in use of basic recruitment software
Required minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and work with others, to create trusted client relationships, and comfort moving between senior stakeholders and more tactical operations.
- Excellent organisational skills to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; can effectively communicate and be comfortable both in the academic world and in a dynamic fast-growing organisation.
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and identify and troubleshoot potential issues before they arise.
- Positive team player with a roll up your sleeves, customer-first attitude.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Interest in people management and development
- Ability to use new technologies
How to Apply
Interested candidates should fill in the application form. The deadline for applications is 02 January 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a writing assessment, followed by an interview process. Due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to short-listed applicants.
TaRL Africa is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.