Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara East Africa Ltd is as subsidiary of Yara International ASA , a world’s leading fertilizer company and a provider of environmental solutions. Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. We provide growers with key knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve their crop yields, quality, and profitability.
Yara East Africa has been in operation in Kenya for the past 24 years; importing and distributing fertilizer to farmers. Yara has also developed crop specific fertilizers (YaraMila, YaraBela, YaraLiva and YaraVita) crop programs to supply complete balanced crop nutrition for a wide range of arable, horticultural, grassland, fruit and forage crops and as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
- Conduct commercial and scalable scientific fertilizer trials with local and regional agricultural research organization to establish new information on the effectiveness of Yara fertilizers.
- Develop fertilizer treatments and application protocol.
- Interpret soil analysis reports and offer appropriate fertilizer recommendation .
- Follow up partnerships projects with Agricultural Institutions.
- Frequent visit to commercial farms to assess their current nutrient status and build crop specific fertilizer programs to maximize yield and quality.
- Drive and consolidate quality fertilizer demonstrations results data conducted by the Sales Agronomists.
- Package fertilizer demonstration results into powerful agronomic marketing tools to support Sales.
University degree in Agronomy or related field.
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in agronomy within a research oriented organization
Good working knowledge of the relevant local or regional fertilizer and environmental regulations and legislation.
Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages
Conversant with microsoft office applications
Applicant should have a valid vehicle drivers licence.
Open to travel extensively within Kenya Regions.
Narindwa Shaidi: Regional HR Manager
Kefa Maranga Makori: Regional Agronomist, East Africa
Apply no later than
31st December 2020
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) as one of our top 7 strategic actions and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.