Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR: KeMU/VC/ICT/1/12/2020
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of ICT, the following are the duties and responsibilities for Systems Administrator:
- Monitoring the quality and reliability of ICT services to correspond with set ICT service level as well as meeting the needs and expectations of our stakeholders
- Lead the ICT team on all ongoing project undertakings and execution of time-critical business processes to ensure timely, accurate and effective completion of all ICT tasks
- Technology vendor management: Being the liaison between the University and ICT vendors and suppliers such as HP, Microsoft, Cisco and VMware as well as their local partners
- Plan and implement and monitor server provisioning (processor, memory, network and bandwidth requirements) in VMware to meet both the organisational and applications needs threshold as well as monitoring the data growth rate and utilisation statistics for future planning
- Planning and scheduling routine as well as random maintenance tasks on HP Generation 8 Blade Server hardware, VMware Server virtual environment and HP P4300 Storage system in the Universities’ main data centre
- Recording and maintaining an updated hardware and software inventories,
- Investigates, plans, implements, tests, and debugging, patching and upgrading base operating systems software.
- Plan and supervise the installation, operation and administration of security for the various systems and network components including: virus protection and Internet security, subnet, internet use
- Ensuring Business Continuity by providing well maintained regular backups, auditing, and tested disaster recovery solutions for mission critical data such as sql databases, Email, web applications and the ERP system.
- Organize and administer user support services for all staff in all KeMU Campuses and ensure proper response time in troubleshooting and resolving of all ICT related issues including scheduling of after work maintenance activities
- Ensure regularly and in close coordination with the Head of ICT that the budget planning incorporates project budgets, IT staffing, infrastructure, replacement, upgrades, licensing and maintenance needs
- Provide evidence based guided decision making on Short term vs Long term value of ICT services, hardware and infrastructure by providing total cost of ownership analysis for technology initiatives, services and infrastructure such as specialised Staff overhead, cloud services, on premise installations, virtualization of datacentre
- Analysing business and management needs regarding use network and computer equipment such as backbone and fibre uplinks, managed and poE switches, bandwidth requirements, Wifi access points and more
- Provide project management support to the ERP implementation team by providing technical expertise, base operating system maintenance and support and ensuring end user training and technical documentation meets the user and organisation requirements
- Develop the annual ICT work-plan according to the ICT Strategy, as well as provide guidelines to ICT staff all across the university on how to leverage ICT as a strategic differentiator, a transforming and enabling resource for the organization to ensure quality service delivery to our staff and students
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy environment
- Cisco training Certification such as CCNA, is an advantage
- ITIL Training
- Linux Administration
- Knowledge and experience in Firewall Management & Network Automation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
To be received on or before 30th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.