Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Application deadline: 10th Jan 2020
Work Location: Position based in Nairobi but with frequent travel to different missions in the region
Starting date: 1st Feb, 2021 or earlier
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by 41 field teams and 20 mission coordination teams and organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens, Nairobi and Buenos Aires. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Human Resources Department.
JOB ENVIRONMENT AND GENERAL OBJECTIVE
MSF OCBA operational cell-5 based in Nairobi supporting mission in the region ( i.e. Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia). Each missions have their respective personal development managers(PDM) within HR department who are responsible to define, develop, implement and enforce the specific learning and development strategy of their missions in collaboration with all stakeholders.
The regional learning and development specialist, is responsible to support PDM’s of respective missions in the execution of missions learning and training plan. (S)he shall contribute through his/her expertise in translating the plan in to learning actions. (s)he shall also provide expertise support to PDM´s in the the development and implementation of training programs under their responsibility searching at providing a quality learning solutions that meet their respective learning needs regionally.
Hierarchial and functional reporting lines
- (S)he reports hierarchically to Human resource coordinator (HRCo) while on field and HR advisor while in Nairobi office and (s)he will have functional link to learning Unit and PDM´s of each missions directly.
- Given the direct expertise support to the development and execution of learning actions within the region, (s)he has a direct collaboration with the HR Advisor, HRCo and PDM. Important decisions affecting the management of this position will be shared and taken by the HR Advisor in Cell-5.
Learning activities require frequent travel to the countries in the east African region ( 60-70% of the time).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND CRITERIA
- Participates at field learning needs assessment processes by providing technical advice to line management and relevant subject matter experts in the detection and analysis of relevant needs.
- Identifies and proposes appropriate learning solutions and strategies to close identified competencies gaps and supports the planning and implementation of mission Learning Plans.
- Explores innovative learning solutions by maintaining an active networking with reference training and Education Institutions and Providers and looks for opportunities for alliances and partnerships that can enrich the region of available learning solutions and resources.
- Support PDM´s in designing and develops, in collaboration with subject matter experts and technical referents/units, new or revised training programs focusing on considering different learning modalities: face-to face, online, offline, etc.
- Support in the definition of new learning models than can respond to MSF learners’ characteristics and to the specifics presented by their job contexts.
- Support PDMs in implementing processes and tools to enhance and formalize on-the-job training activities as well as informal learning ensuring that these are acknowledged as a valid medium to train and develop staff.
- Oversee the mission &/or region specific learning initiatives contents are up-to-date and training methodologies follow adult learning principles and consider diversity of program participants.
- Collaborate with Learning unit to the development of tools, standards and guideline to facilitate learning and development of staff in the mission.
- Provides Train the Trainer support to facilitators responsible for preparing and conducting training sessions.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates training programs/modules in the area of expertise field level.
- Participates in the development of evaluation methodologies and tools focusing at learning-transference-impact phases; implements evaluation plans for the programs assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree. Education and/or technical training in Education/Instructional Design/Pedagogy will be valued.
- Experience in Train the Trainer activities
- Knowledgeable of adult learning principles and its application at program design and development.
- Experience in delivering training and facilitating student-centred learning strategies.
- 3-5 year experience working in Training & Development functions, preferably in international and multi-cultural settings.
- Experience with e-learning will be essential and valued
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Motivation for working in humanitarian sectors.
- Availability to travel frequently to fields ( 60-70%).
- Flexible working hours during training programs implementation.
- Position based in Eastern Africa Section (EAS) office
- Full time job.
- Duration of contract: 12 month with potential for renewal
- Annual gross salary of KES 2,974,272 divided into twelve monthly payments + Secondary benefits based on EAS Reward Policy.
Starting date: 1st Feb, 2021 or earlier.