Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The function of the Field Service Engineer is to provide expert hands-on technical expertise in all aspects of installation, commissioning, basic customer training, maintenance, fault-finding and customer support in respect of the company’s products.
The primary objective is to be an efficient and effective member of the Customer Service team in delivering highly competent, effective and focussed solution support to the customer base to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to further the professional image of the Company.
Working as a member of the Service Team involved in the installation, maintenance, service and solution support of our range of instrumentation, duties will include:
- Familiarisation with specific instrumentation prior to installation from issued documentation and/or participation in the final testing process in the factory
- Liaise with customers and colleagues in the site planning process prior to installation
- Inspect, install, set up, test and achieve specifications of systems and accessories at customers’ sites, and deliver basic operator training
- Carry out breakdown and planned maintenance at customers’ sites
- Provide technical, software and application related support and assistance to customers and to colleagues, either directly or by remote diagnosis
- Carry out procedures necessary to validate systems to certifiable standards
- Provide technical input to the sales team in non-routine sales cases
- Frequent travel locally and Internationally is an essential part of the job. Significant travel to customer sites abroad is expected.
Activities will cover all products manufactured or represented by the Company. Specialism in certain products, technologies or ranges may form an additional responsibility that will make use of acquired skills and experience. Accurate record keeping and timely submission of documentation is pre-requisite.
Duties will be carried out mainly but not limited to Kenya and sub-Saharan Africa, it is expected that requirements to provide field service support on customers’ premises abroad or at the factory will be significant.
The position reports to the territory Service Manager. Who will agree expectations, offer guidance as necessary and provide framework support. Dotted line reporting to Operations Manager & the General Manager. Day-to-day priorities will be set by the Service Manager and helpdesk team.
The position is based at a location that is deemed by the Company to be convenient to the customer base, and for travelling as necessary to our factories abroad.
To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
- outgoing and good at building relationships through inspiring trust and confidence
- a professional image and a very high standard of personal presentation
- self-motivation and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
- the ability to contribute to a team effort, yet to accept responsibility for an individual role within the team
- excel at continual learning in a rapidly advancing technological area.
- a tertiary level qualification in electrical or electronic engineering, physics or a science related discipline or be able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience in the Mass Spectrometry field.
- a solid technical or scientific background gained in industry or academia
- a current valid driving licence
- no travel restrictions preventing travel in the mentioned countries.
Skills and Experience
- capacity to take responsibility for the complete installation and commissioning of sophisticated instrumentation and to instruct users in its basic operation
- ability to diagnose causes of malfunction and to actively resolve customers’ service problems
- good computer literacy, including familiarity with data system hardware and industry standard operating systems
- ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good spoken and written English & French.
- Experience and cultural awareness of the Sub-Saharan Africa.