Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Finance Director, EA and Senior Manager, CST
Direct Reports: Pricing Analysts
Place of work/Travel:
Nairobi, Kenya (but with potential of international travel)
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Finance Director-EA, Commercial Director-EA, Business Partner, Finance, Commercial Support Team (CST), Sales.
Externally: Client Finance teams.
The Commercial Analyst performs financial analysis in support of the creation, execution and measurement of pricing actions and strategies across the business and in support of the tender process. The position also produces timely, accurate management information and scorecards, consolidates budget and forecast/business plan information and performs key reconciliation tasks to support month/year end processes and statutory accounts preparation.
1. Support to the CST on bid pricing and commercial offer development
2. Provide pricing analysis to management for decision making
3. Develop Standard Costs, review inventory cost to reflect current cost and determine the costs of new products
4. Conduct proper cost analysis and build cost models for new and existing clients
5. Work with sales and marketing teams to develop proposals by validating sales quotations for accuracy and profitability. Offer technical financial support during the tendering process on matters pricing, costing and financial paperwork
6. Take initiative in identifying and resolving issues around pricing and margins
7. Manage operational and commercial scorecards and performance improvement initiatives such as but not limited to:
• Labour efficiency & job cost model
• Sales and revenue performance
• Price Increases
8. Develop Dash Boards to monitor financial performance by Branches/Projects
9. Perform month-end financial analysis and other performance measures. Follow-up for explanation from the budget owners, summarize and report to Management
10. Participate in various corporate projects requiring financial evaluation
11. Participation in the preparation of annual budget, ensuring provision of appropriate templates, tools and that budget is completed on time and uploaded in the NAV System;
12. Project Accounting working with NAV Team to ensure that the Project Accounting Module is implemented
13. Provide monthly reports on Completed Projects –Revenue and Cost, Work-In-progress and reconcile to the General Ledger
Principal Outputs of this Role:
i. Timely month-end financial analysis.
ii. Effective interpretation of financial information to make business decisions
iii. Timely and effective preparation of budgets
iv. Cost analysis for pricing decisions
v. Pricing models in support of bids ahead of deadlines
vi. The organisation and presentation of pricing meetings/calls in support of bids
Refer to KK Security Authority Matrix.
The Commercial Analystis accountable to the Finance Director, EA and Commercial Director, EA for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
• Planning, coordination, work monitoring and problem resolution skills
• Ability to outline and communicate effective objectives and action plans
• Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers
• A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Have a high sense of accuracy, attention for detail and with strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
• Have good problem analysis and reporting skills
• High moral standing with impeccable integrity
• Excellent time management and planning
• Comfortable working in a team or independently with minimal supervision
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or its equivalent; Master’s degree as in a finance related field (M.Sc Finance or MBA Finance) as an advantage
• Complete professional qualifications in ACCA/CPA-K/CFA
• Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants or a relevant professional body
• At least five (5) years of relevant experience in service industry
• Good knowledge of conducting quantitative as well as qualitative analysis including building models, prior data mining and on line market research
• Strong financial modelling experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Power Point is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.