Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are:
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
Girl Effect’s close-knit marketing & communications team manage all activities related to the Girl Effect “parent brand”. From developing our marketing campaigns, landing press and speaking opportunities, managing internal communications, to running our channels and leading on creative production (films, photography), the team has three key objectives:
- Enhance Girl Effect’s global reputation
- Equip every Girl Effect employee to become an ambassador for Girl Effect
- Deliver best-in-class communication stewardship for our partners
We sit within the broader Development team, working closely with our fundraising colleagues to inspire and attract support, partnerships and funding for Girl Effect’s programmes around the world.
As our Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you will get to experience all areas of the function. You will be instrumental in supporting the team to deliver on our objectives, ensuring we are on plan, on time, on budget and working together efficiently.
You’ll be the lynchpin of our team – managing the production of our marketing and communication materials, ensuring our colleagues around the world have what they need and we have what we need from them.
This role is perfect for an individual wanting to gain full-rounded experience into what a career in marketing and communications involves. You’ll work within a small talented team, with lots of opportunity for autonomy, working with colleagues all around the world, in an organisation that is changing the world for girls.
What you will do
- Support the overall delivery of the Marketing and Communications team’s objectives, willing to get stuck in wherever you are needed.
- You will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager (Digital lead) and our digital agency on our channel strategy – spotting opportunities and supporting content creation. You’ll even create some of the content yourself.
- You will support ongoing community management for Girl Effect – writing content for our social channels when required and keeping an eye on mentions of Girl Effect in the media.
- You will work closely with our Partnerships and Marketing Director, playing a key role in the production of our marketing materials and working with agencies/freelancers as needed to create brand new assets for Girl Effect to use (from photography, films and more).
- You will manage the Marketing and Communications team’s assets, templates and folders, ensuring we – and our colleagues around the world – have access to what we need
- You will build relationships with colleagues around the world, spotting opportunities for the Marketing & Communications team to deliver more, better. And collating assets, case studies and examples of our work that the Marketing & Communications team can use in the world.
Who you are
- An out-and-proud “generalist” who is keen to get stuck in and turn their hand to anything
- A natural project manager who enjoys organisation and working within a team
- A quick learner and energetic self-starter, interested in all aspects of marketing and communications
- A good eye – able to spot risks and opportunities to support the team’s objectives
- Enjoys writing and has a keen interest in social media
- Culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
- Passionate about Girl Effect’s work realising the potential of girls
Minimum experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Approx 1+ years’ experience in communications, marketing or social media
- Some basic design/editing skills (for social media content) and willingness to learn
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2021.