Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are:
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
Girl Effect’s close-knit marketing & communications team manage all activities related to the Girl Effect global brand. From developing global campaigns, landing press and speaking opportunities, managing internal communications, to running our channels and leading on creative production (films, photography), the team has three key objectives:
- Enhance Girl Effect’s global reputation
- Equip every Girl Effect employee to become an ambassador for Girl Effect
- Deliver best-in-class communication stewardship for our partners
We sit within the broader Development team, working closely with our fundraising colleagues to inspire and attract support, partnerships and funding for Girl Effect’s programmes around the world.
As our team’s Digital Lead, you will be responsible for helping shape Girl Effect’s marketing strategy with a focus on how we galvanise and grow our audience of engaged donors and supporters online. You will oversee the management of Girl Effect’s owned channels – working with the Director of Marketing and Partnerships and our digital agency – to develop and deliver our channel strategy. You will manage our editorial calendar and lead our all-team weekly editorial planning meeting, deciding on content and liaising with relevant agencies on content creation. You will be responsible for the monitoring and reporting the impact of digital content and campaigns across our channels, and the effectiveness of our activity in reaching and engaging our target audiences.
You will work closely with other members of the marcomms team to find creative solutions to best showcase Girl Effect’s impact in the world, and you will bring your digital marketing expertise to help identify and shape campaigns and activity. From presentations, films, events, photography, case studies, to infographics, you will play a key role in bringing our work to life for funders, partners and wider audiences to support fundraising efforts.
Alongside other team members, you will manage the communications for some of Girl Effect’s key partnerships – working closely with their inhouse marcomms teams to create stories and assets that best showcase the impact we are achieving together.
What you will do
- Work closely with the marketing & communications team to support the overall delivery of Girl Effect’s marketing and communications objectives
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Partnerships to shape and deliver Girl Effect’s global marketing strategy
- Play a key role in creating and delivering global campaigns including International Day of the Girl activations
- Own Girl Effect’s editorial calendar – coordinating weekly meetings, overseeing the production and delivery of creative assets
- Build relationships with the global Girl Effect team to ensure we are pulling through the best content and stories
- Monitor and report the impact of Girl Effect’s marketing strategy in partnership with our digital agency
- Be responsible for Girl Effect’s owned channels including: website, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter.
- Work with Girl Effect’s partners to deliver co-branded best in class digital storytelling to communicate the impact of our partnerships globally right the way through from planning to creative execution and delivery
- Work closely with the fundraising side of the team to “sell” Girl Effect, creating compelling digital assets to support pitches to new partners
- Oversee the production, curation and distribution of Girl Effect’s brand assets – from creds, case studies, templates, imagery, film, factsheets and more – working with in house teams and external agencies
- Play a key role alongside the rest of the team in shaping and delivering our campaigns for the year
- Work closely with the Director of Partnerships & Marketing to support fundraising colleagues with
Who you are
- Creatively curious and imaginative enjoying translating information and content into creative assets that best deliver our stories and impact
- A visual eye – you’re a natural at what it takes to present things beautifully
- An adept writer with the ability to adapt tone and style to our brand
- Confident project manager, who can work within a team and has experience managing agency partners and contractors.
- A resourceful solution-seeker and collaborative team player
- A good understanding and passion for digital communications and how it can support fundraising/sales
- Culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
- Passionate about Girl Effect’s work realising the potential of girls
Minimum experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of working in a marketing and communications environment (client or agency) – approx. 3-4 years experience. Tech, media, big brand, non-profit or international development experience a plus
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2021.