Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
Girl Effect is a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives.
Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development; a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways that they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech that we use every day, from apps that build skills, to TV dramas they explore virtual issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role.
As Mobile and Digital Innovation Programme Manager, you will be a driving force in how Girl Effect adapts and applies mobile and digital technologies to best connect girls around the world to advice, information and services they need during adolescence. From interactive stories delivered via IVR in lo-fi settings, to award-winning video content distributed via social and web-based service aggregators, to AI powered Chatbots, you will play a central role in how Girl Effect expands and innovates its digital portfolio to have the maximum impact in girls’ lives.
We want to push for Girl Effect to become a ‘centre of excellence’ for girl centred tech – combining the ‘best practice’ in lo-fi and hi-fi tech across the third sector and the latest trends in media and tech more broadly to innovate and support girls, at scale. In this role you would be responsible for bringing an understanding of the latest trends and their impact to help inform and shape Girl Effect’s strategy.
As a member of the Programmes team, you will be responsible for designing, managing and reporting across Girl Effect’s Innovation portfolio – coordinating with relevant country and team leads – including managing Girl Effect’s multi-country, multi year, multimillion dollar partnership with Vodafone Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Vodafone. The partnership aims to connect seven million girls across seven countries to information, inspiration and services they need through mobile, delivering measurable change in girls behaviour relating to their sexual and reproductive health in India and Tanzania. The partnership consists of three main programmes: one in India, one in Tanzania and one digital first programme that stretches across South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, the DRC and Mozambique. While these programmes are currently funded until the end of 2021, we have ambitious plans to invest in, scale and replicate a portfolio of digitally-led programmes in the years to come. In this role you would play a part in defining and delivering on this future strategy and programme.
What You’ll Do
- Take high level ownership for the global Vodafone Foundation programme – coordinating and supporting across all sub-programmes and workstreams, delivering the greatest impact for girls and our partners.
- Ensure Vodafone Foundation commitments are reached and support programme managers to make strategic decisions to deliver.
- Identify, mitigate and manage potential risks, delays or problems; resolve issues and initiate appropriate corrective action as required
- Be an advocate for the Vodafone programmes within Girl Effect — ensuring that Girl Effect staff in varying positions are clear on the strategic value and needs of the partnership and that they engage with global and local Vodafone stakeholders as necessary to aid partnership stewardship
- Coordinate with the Marketing & Communications team to feed in key impact milestones and compelling human impact stories from the partnership to support all external communications (speaking opportunities, PR, social media).
- Lead all internal and external reporting relating to the Vodafone Foundation partnership – including financial – and future innovation programmes.
- Stay abreast of new mobile interventions in the International Development and Social Enterprise sectors to identity trends and technologies we should be incorporating into our work
- Be responsible for developing proposals and plans for new digitally-led programmes that build on the learnings and impact of the Vodafone Foundation programme including scope of work documents, timelines, presentations and budgets—with the input of the Create, Impact and Programme teams—for the innovation opportunities for Girl Effect.
- Support the Development Team in specific Innovation based fundraising opportunities.
Who You Are
- This is a senior role requiring relevant degree level experience
- Minimum of 10 year work experience at a senior level with significant level of responsibility
- You may come from the Telkom sector, marketing, innovation development sector, digital technologies, or have consultancy experience
- Ideally you would have worked with adolescent girls and young women as key the audience for our digital and mobile solutions
- A leader who is able to articulate a clear and compelling vision for our digital programmes, inspiring internal and external stakeholders alike
- A proactive and independent problem-solver who is able to balance and resolve conflicting priorities and tackle unexpected challenges and opportunities with poise and good humour
- A systems thinker that is able to spot patterns and trends that will determine the outcome of our work; someone who is then able to work collaboratively with others to make both small and large changes to improve our chances of success
- A passionate advocate for the power of digital technologies, mobile in particular, to change girls lives
What Else You Should Know
Girl Effect is transitioning from being an organisation with a large London HQ to being a networked organisation working from a series of smaller international hubs across Nairobi, London, New York/Washington, and Mumbai. The team is diverse and based around the world. This transition is part of Girl Effect’s commitment to move leadership and decision making closer to our work.
This role is being recruited as a 12- 24 months fixed term contract.
Closing date for applications: 5th January 2021