Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Corporate Communications Officer (Media Relations) -Grade KPC 7
- Respond in a timely manner to media inquiries and make appropriate referrals to company’s experts in a given field.
- Gather information, conduct research, interview sources, and write news releases on oil industry.
- Timely respond to media inquiries and make appropriate referrals to company’s experts in a given field as delegated.
- Monitor company events and developments, identifying those with the greatest potential for being picked up by the media.
- Initiate media coverage of the company through news releases, media advisories, tip-sheets and other related materials.
- Manage external newsletter and other KPC image-building publications.
- Monitor daily press coverage and respond strategically.
- Organize strategic press conferences whenever appropriate.
- Syndicate and distributing feature articles on KPC.
- Organize media visits to KPC installations and future extensions.
- Update and maintaining a photographic library.
- Facilitate periodic meetings with heads of media houses.
- Scan media for potential opportunities and threats.
- Prepare and disseminate media give-a-ways and materials.
- Develop and maintain a media database.
- Produce corporate videos, supplements and adverts on KPC.
- Prepare various speeches.
- Prepare KPC’s monthly in-house newsletter.
- Initiate, develop and maintain good working relationships with media reporters, editors, and producers.
- Initiate media coverage of the company activities through news releases, media advisories, tip-sheets and other related materials.
- Conduct periodic opinion research to gauge company’s perception among its publics and develop a Public Relations information database for Company use.
- A Degree in Social Science or Communication
- A postgraduate diploma in mass communication if the first degree is not in Communication.
- Minimum of two (2) years post qualification relevant experience.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
Skills and Competencies
- Good network and experience with the media
- Excellent verbal and written competence in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work under stress.
- Team player capable of motivating others.
- Experience in speech writing.
- Experience in using social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Desktop Publishing, Microsoft Office suite, e-mail and Internet.
- Proficiency in video shooting and editing.
How to Apply
All applications should be received not later than 7th January 2021.Candidates interested in positions in Grade KPC 2, 3 & 4 are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. In this regard, they must upload copies of the following;
i.Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (DCI)
ii.Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii.Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv.Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v.Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.