Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chief Engineer (Corrosion Control) –Grade KPC 4
- Responsible for Corrosion Control, pipeline and tank integrity as well as associated materials’ technical conditions.
- Design, manage, or implement (as applicable) corrosion control strategies covering corrosion monitoring and inspection activities, including preparation and delivery of annual and periodic reports, corrosion status of systems, identification and assessment of significant trends from surveys.
- Provide technical assessment and interpretation of corrosion/inspection monitoring data (using databases as appropriate) and recommend changes in corrosion criticality analyses and monitoring/inspection programs where appropriate.
- Complete regular detailed corrosion and materials pipeline studies.
- Undertake or co-ordinate failure investigations into material and corrosion issues in accordance with prescribed or approved failure investigation procedures.
- Participate in and provide input to the regular review of corrosion management information such as Corrosion Control Matrices and Key Performance Indicators.
- Set up and chair corrosion and integrity management review meetings and coordinate actions arising.
- Provide technical leadership in corrosion engineering matters.
- Assist with any other appropriate duties and responsibilities as and when required, also undertake specific projects as may be instructed by management from time to time.
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics or Mechanical Engineering or recognized equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum eight (8) years post qualification relevant experience three (3) of which should have been at Senior management level.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Registered and licensed with EBK as a professional Engineer.
- Membership to IEK
- Demonstrated competence in work performance and results
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of engineering aspects in Oil/gas Industry including broad knowledge of local and international standards.
- Strong well developed communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching, mentoring and counselling.
- Ability to handle an emergency response situation and team as well as handling safety oversight roles
How to Apply
All applications should be received not later than 7th January 2021.Candidates interested in positions in Grade KPC 2, 3 & 4 are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. In this regard, they must upload copies of the following;
i.Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (DCI)
ii.Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii.Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv.Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v.Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.