Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
General Manager –Pipeline Operations & Maintenance-Grade KPC 2
- Responsible for ensuring petroleum products are transported through the pipeline in the most efficient, safe and economical manner.
- Ensuring maintenance and preservation of the required product quality standards in the pipeline and storage system.
- Liaising with key stakeholders on product transportation and other operational matters and advising the Managing Director on changes in operational requirements which may be necessary for optimization of petroleum pumping.
- Ensuring proper maintenance schedules are effected to improve on plant and equipment availability and efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and operational efficiencies.
- Maintaining effective communication between staff of all cadres to provide the right working environment for achievement of Company goals.
- Initiating and participating in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertaking specials investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Writing and submitting project charters and/or business cases in order to secure resource commitments (e.g. Budgets, personnel and business systems) from the Board and Executive that will enable execution of initiatives.
- Performing other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Responsible for projects management in Research, Planning, design, Construction and civil works.
- Responsible for commissioning and projects takeover to ensure that the company funds are efficiently utilized during all stages of the projects and that they are implemented in accordance with the contract to guarantee efficiency, cost effectiveness and timely completion.
- Carry out continuous monitoring & evaluation and provide technical advice.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization by ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation;
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness.
i. Master’s Degree from a recognized institution
ii. Bachelor of Science in any Engineering field from a recognized university
iii. Be a Registered Professional Engineer with ERB with a current valid practicing license
iv. Minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior management level in a large and busy organization.
v. Corporate Member to relevant professional body – IEK.
vi. Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
vii. Leadership Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
Key Skills and competencies
i. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in Oil and gas Industry and/or engineering.
ii. Strong well developed interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
iii. Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
iv. Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, project management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
v. Ability to deliver articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts.
vi. Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
vii. Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management.
viii. Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
ix. Ability to handle an Emergency Response situation and Team as well as handling safety oversight roles.
How to Apply
All applications should be received not later than 7th January 2021.Candidates interested in positions in Grade KPC 2, 3 & 4 are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. In this regard, they must upload copies of the following;
i.Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (DCI)
ii.Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii.Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv.Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v.Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.