Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job grade: KVB 3
No of posts: 1
REF: KVB/AMVI /4/2020
Terms of service: 3-year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The monthly remuneration will include Kshs -Basic salary: 118,720 House allowance: 50,000, Commuter allowance: 16,000
The officer will be reporting to the Manager Enforcement and Compliance on all matters pertaining to veterinary inspection
- Ensuring the implementation of the department’s policies, legal frame work and strategies;
- Interpreting veterinary inspection policies;
- Approving inspection programs;
- Coordinating inspection activities in the headquarters and regions;
- Enforcing veterinary standards in animal welfare and veterinary inputs;
- Coordinating investigation of cases of malpractices and misconduct; and
- Coordinating inspection and approval of animal health training institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) with animal health and welfare.
Requirement for appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Served in the grade of Principal Veterinary inspector for a minimum period of four (4) years;
- Has at least ten (10) years’ experience in relevant field
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in relevant field from recognized institution
- A Valid Certificate of registration by Kenya Veterinary Board;
- Certificate in a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown ability and demonstrated merit in work performance and results
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meets the above qualifications should submit their applications through the above email address email@example.com
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Veterinary Board
PO Box 513-00605
On or before 15th January 2021 not later than 5.00pm (East African time).
Kenya Veterinary Board is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on fair competition and merit representation of Kenya Diverse Communities and according equal employment opportunities to men, women and members of all ethnic groups. The marginalized, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Ethics and integrity
Shortlisted candidates shall be expected to prove their compliance with chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining and presenting clearance/compliance certificates from the following organization during interview.
- Kenya Revenue Authority KRA)
- Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates during interviews. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.