Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job grade: KVB 2
No of posts: 1
Terms of service: 3 years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The monthly remuneration will include Kshs -Basic salary: 134, 673, House allowance: 60, 000, Commuter allowance: 20,000, Extraneous allowance: 30,000, Entertainment 32,500
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Secretary/Chief Executive Officer for efficient coordination of Compliance and Enforcement functions of Kenya Veterinary Board.
- Overseeing inspection and licensing of private Veterinary practices;
- Overseeing inspection and approval of Animal Health Training Institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) handling animals;
- Ensuring inspection of Veterinary Laboratories;
- Overseeing the enforcement of Animal Welfare through proper handling and use of quality inputs;
- Ensuring enforcement of Veterinary Professional Code of Ethics;
- Coordinating the implementation of the Department’s Policies, legal frame work, strategies;
- Ensuring inspection activities in the headquarters and regions;
- Overseeing enforcement of Veterinary Standards in Animal Welfare and Veterinary inputs; ensuring investigation of cases of malpractices and misconduct; and
- Overseeing inspection and approval of Animal Health Training Institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) with Animal Health and Welfare. In addition, an officer at this level will be responsible for:-
- Ensuring prudent utilization of resources within the Department;
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity within the Department; and
- Ensuring performance management, capacity building and development of personnel working in the Inspection and Compliance Department.
Requirement for appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Have a Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience with at least five (5) in a management Position
- Served in the grade of Assistant Manager Inspection or Compliance for a minimum period of four (4) years;
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in relevant field from recognized institution;
- A valid Certificate of registration by Kenya Veterinary Board;
- Met all the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Certificate in a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated managerial and administrative skills as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meets the above qualifications should submit their applications through the above email address email@example.com
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Veterinary Board
PO Box 513-00605
On or before 15th January 2021 not later than 5.00pm (East African time).
Kenya Veterinary Board is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on fair competition and merit representation of Kenya Diverse Communities and according equal employment opportunities to men, women and members of all ethnic groups. The marginalized, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Ethics and integrity
Shortlisted candidates shall be expected to prove their compliance with chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining and presenting clearance/compliance certificates from the following organization during interview.
- Kenya Revenue Authority KRA)
- Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates during interviews. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.