Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tusome is a Ministry of Education, Science and Technology literacy program funded by USAID/Kenya and DFID. It seeks to improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and APBE institutions. The Training Specialist (Isiolo, Garissa, Eldoret and Kisumu) will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising Tusome training. This will include working with regional technical team in the implementation of Tusome in the region. The Training Specialist, reporting to the Regional Education Specialist will coordinate all training activities in the region. The officer will collaborate with the MOE and TSC county officers for successful training activities in training and classroom observations. The officer will also provide support for Curriculum support officers and instructional teachers. The assignment is designed to provide technical support for training at the regional level for effective implementation. The job function includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all training activities in the region
- Contribute to the development and revision of training and instructional materials
- Collaborate with relevant MOE and TSC experts for effective implementation.
- Support effective relationships with county and sub-county education officials (MOE & TSC)
- Provide ongoing classroom observations supporting CSOs and coaches
- Support monthly zonal/cluster meetings and reading competitions
- Provide support for Tusome monitoring activities in the region.
- Undertake any other Tusome duties as requested by the Regional Education Officer, COP, DCOP or SES.
- MA/MED and eight (10) years of experience in the education sector; Major in either Kiswahili and English languages is an added advantage
- Understanding of scientifically-based reading research;
- Experience supervising education officers;
- Knowledge of a balanced literacy frameworks understanding; early mathematics and CBC understanding
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English transition instruction strategies;
- Familiarity with the policies and procedures of the Ministry of Education and local school communities; added advantage curriculum changes i.e. CBC
- Interest in urban slum areas;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Experience in technical report writing and documentation
- Experience in working in hardship/ASAL/security areas (for Garissa ) is added advantage