Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Citi in East Africa is present in Kenya, Uganda, Zambia and Tanzania, as well the Non-Presence Countries (NPC) of Ethiopia, Djibouti, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan, and is part of the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) cluster.
- The EABM role will be central to providing support to the East Africa CEO and franchise management deliverables for the cluster.
- The role requires a motivated, self-reliant and strong team player who thrives in a demanding and fast paced environment. It represents an exciting opportunity to grow and build a progressive career interacting with several areas of the firm.
- The Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) provides administrative & business management support to the East Africa CEO’s Office.
- Primary responsibilities include executive / C-suite client engagements & calendar management, primary regulatory interface, co-ordination of Risk, Controls, Governance and Business deliverables with a variety of internal partners, travel & expense management as well as other administrative tasks related to the EA CEO’s office.
- Responsibility for a variety of business management & administrative tasks related to Kenya and EA cluster including: active calendar management for executive/c-suite appointments; franchise governance management; preparation of strategic, business review & governance presentations; confidential correspondence management; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and co-ordination of internal management, governance, client and regulatory meetings.
- Being the EA CEO’s primary interface for senior executive/c-suite engagement, client management and correspondence.
- End-to-end preparation and co-ordination of Management, Governance, Risk & Controls presentations and deliverables for the EA Cluster.
- Being the primary interface for regulatory correspondence with all primary and secondary regulators, including the Central Bank of Kenya.
- Monitoring and managing multiple franchise deliverable related to Client, Risk & Controls, Governance and Business issues on behalf of the EA CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Being a bridge between the EA CEO’s office and internal departments. Demonstrating leadership, credibility, trust and support with internal, external partners and stakeholders.
- Working effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a symbol of the Executive Office, having a keen sense and knowledge of the issues taking place in the franchise and keeping the CEO updated.
- Participating as an invited member of the Kenya and EA Management Committee(s), as well as the Country Coordinating Committee (CCC), ALCO, Business Risk & Control Committee (BRCC), including scheduling and attending all the meetings as well as taking comprehensive Minutes of the same.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff Town-hall meetings.
- Preparing presentations and reports for the EA CEO’s meetings and financial analysis including analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Organization and planning of logistical arrangements for visiting seniors and client engagements customer meetings, seminars and visits, customer and senior management lunches and dinners, organization of all client events and in-house Town Hall Meetings. Other administrative tasks related to the EA CEO’s office.
- The successful candidate will gain an in-depth understanding of all functions within the Bank, and will gain expertise in delivering executive assistant & business management support in a growing and matrixed organization.
- This role provides the opportunity for the incumbent to partner with business, products and function heads both locally and regionally to support the EA CEO’s delivery to our clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of a professional and responsive approach in supporting executives in a fast paced & evolving environment
- Client management skills and commercial awareness
- Proven track record of delivery
- Project management abilities
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience preferably within a large and complex financial services or similar organization
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Consistently demonstrates clear & concise written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
Competencies & Values:
- Multi-tasking proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal communication & time management skills
- Ability to build strong relationships as a trusted partner
- Good work ethic and ability to work in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and on-going change
- Resilient under pressure and self-motivated in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Personal integrity and resilience
- Adaptable approach and execution oriented
- Ability to cooperate, manage and influence remotely
- Attention to detail and big picture perspective
- Team oriented
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.