Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
(TEMPORAL POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Medical Department and Projects & IT.
Context of Post
MSF-OCBA is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency and quality of data and information management. In the framework of the MSF Strategic Plan and open knowledge objectives, the organizations requires a high quality support to and evolution of its Learning Solutions available for the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters.
General Objective of Post
- Design, manage and ensure the development, implementation, evolution and corrective maintenance of the eLearning solutions according to MSF sponsor needs and Projects & IT premises to enhance the productivity of the organizational solutions.
- Support the Learning Solutions Manager in the development of projects and services to ensure the alignment of functional and technical requirements.
Placement within the organisational chart
The e-Learning Solutions Technician will work within the Applications & Projects team part of the Projects & IT team. S/he will be hierarchically accountable to the ERP, Compliance & Learning Solutions Manager.
The e-Learning Solutions Technician will work closely with:
- The e-learning solutions team for the maintenance, customization, development and deployment of solutions.
- The Learning Solutions Manager for the prioritization of activities and follow-up on progress of the agreed initiatives.
- The Infrastructure & Service Desk team within the P&IT team.
- The Shared Services Content and Projects teams as main internal stakeholders
- The Learning Referents in the Operations, Medical and Logistics Departments
- Other Operational Center Learning Units in coordination with OCBA LU.
- eLearning users
- Service / solution providers where necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Maintain the operations and performance of systems and applications for Learning, for Field & HQ
- Update the needed the documentation related to the applications (instructions, manuals, training module)
- Manage and provide technical support to the development of applications and information systems for Learning processes and its evolutionary and corrective maintenance
- Provide users technical support for an efficient operation and integration of data and information based on the procedures established in the management of MSF systems and applications
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance initiatives for Learning
- Keep up to date on latest technologies and applications through training, periodicals, research and development
- Design and optimize data models and standards, databases and information flow processes services of Learning according to the availability and security requirements established by IT
- Perform the correct integration of data and processes information that is stored in Learning systems with other functional departments of MSF
- Ensure that the different platforms and user interfaces supported are compliant with MSF OCBA Information Security premises
- Ensure the effectiveness and quality of safety procedures and backup data through the implementation of procedures backup / recovery and contingency plans
- Analyse the risks involved before any intervention in production systems
- Ensure that procedures lifecycle of the applications are applied consistently both logically and in different physical environments that are available (development, integration, production)
- Execute system validation tests and procedures of the systems belonging to the Learning function
- Work with external service providers ensuring the operation of systems and troubleshooting
- Contribute to the sharing of knowledge to the organization in the areas under his/her responsibility.
Education and experience
- University Degree, preferably related to engineering disciplines (Computer Sciences, Telecommunications, Industrial Engineering), or Computer Technician, or similar.
- 3 years’ experience in positions related to software administration and support to end-users.
- Desirable experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Desirable experience in software implementation and/or project management.
- Desirable experience in software testing, preparation of documentation and instructions
- Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English. French and Arabic desirable
- Very good command of Microsoft Office and/or Open Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge about Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Totara, Cornestone, etc.)
- Desirable knowledge about LAMP environments, particularly PHP
- Knowledge about eLearning authoring solutions
- Web development: HTML, CSS
- Knowledge about SCORM standard
- Graphic design, multimedia and video edition
- Sharepoint, Office365
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Position based in any MSF OCBA Hub Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Buenos Aires, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi).
- Full-time job 1 year contract (extendable)
- Annually gross salary: HQ-3A (divided in 12 monthly payments) plus secondary benefits based on MSF-OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please, follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter .
Closing date: 12nd January 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.