Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT AND CONTROL REF: TNH/HRD/HIAC /12/20
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and management oversight to the internal audit & control department in order to provide independent and objective assurance that the hospital’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively through regular audits and/or special investigations in line with the annual audit plan and the hospital’s strategic objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop annual risk based audit plan and ensure execution of information technology, operational and financial audits in line with the approved audit plan;
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices in internal audit and control and make recommendations to the CEO and the Chairman Audit and Risk Management Committee on how these impact the Hospital;
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the Internal Audit and Control department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff;
- Review internal audit planning, engagement and reporting activities to ensure compliance to the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF);
- Ensure audit work maintains thorough and high-quality results in compliance with the audit plan, policies, procedures and standards;
- Prepare and present internal audit reports on audit findings to management and the Audit and Risk Management Committee;
- Provide consulting and advisory services on matters related to governance, risk management and internal controls to management and entire Hospital;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management processes;
- Report significant risk exposures and control issues, including fraud risks, governance issues, and other matters needed or requested by the Board;
- Report periodically on the internal audit activities, purpose, authority, responsibility, and performance relative to its plan to the board;
- Ensure Hospital policies, statutory provisions and other system procedures are being correctly applied in all areas of Hospital operations;
- Ensure the department is adequately resourced to achieve the audit plan and communicating to the board any limitations;
- Provide practical and cost-effective advice to management on designing, implementing and enhancing internal controls;
- Ensure root causes for control weaknesses are identified and practical recommendations given to mitigate business risks and improve operational efficiency;
- Track implementation status of audit (internal and external) and board recommendations;
- Manage relationships with auditees and Senior Management to ensure timely resolution of audit issues;
- Liaise with external auditors and rendering assistance as necessary;
- Carry out special investigations on management request;
- Ensure assets of the hospital are safeguarded and economically utilized;
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information obtained during audits;
- Prepare the internal audit and control departmental budget and follow up its implementation up on approval;
- Build, lead and motivate a competent internal audit management team that will in turn ensure that the department has the right people in the right places to sustainably support the delivery of internal audit services at the Hospital; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or any other related business field from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other business related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Should be a registered member of any of the following professional bodies: Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), or Information Systems Audit Control Association (ISACA);
- Minimum of 10 years audit experience with 5 years at management level.
- Reporting writing skills
- Ability to conduct operational, financial, internal control and information systems audits
- Knowledge of internal audit standards
- Working knowledge of internal audit software such as IDEA and Team-mate
- Business Acumen
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Judgement and decision making skills
- Understanding of hospital operating model
- Leadership skills
- Independent mindedness
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer service skills
- Team working skills
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100