Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HEAD OF RISK AND COMPLIANCE REF: TNH/HRD/HRC/12/20
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and administration of the Hospital’s risk and compliance management programs, policies, procedures and guidelines including identification, measurement and evaluation of potential risks to the Hospital and recommendation of mitigation measures in line with established policies and procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and ensure implementation of robust enterprise risk management strategies that are in line with the Hospital’s overall strategy;
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices in risk management and compliance and make recommendations to the CEO and the Chairman Audit and Risk Management Committee on how these impact the Hospital;
- Advise management on regulatory matters, monitor and review the Hospital’s operations, market position, strategic direction and potential systemic risks in various perspectives;
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the Risk Management and Compliance department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff;
- Monitor the department’s performance to ensure objectives and targets are achieved;
- Establish and communicate enterprise wide risk management vision of the Hospital and communicate risk management policies and limits to the Hospital;
- Develop, and revise policies and procedures for the risk management and compliance department;
- Design and validate risk management framework for the Hospital, including a risk rating system, to optimise risk-reward trade off;
- Identify key risk factors, obtain consistent and understandable strategic and operational risk measures to ensure effective implementation of an integrated and responsive risk management system in the Hospital;
- Work with various departments to establish and quantify the Hospital’s risk appetite and ensure that the Hospital’s risk exposure is within the limits and risk taking decisions are in line with the strategic objectives of the Hospital;
- Evaluate the Hospital’s future funding needs against its ability to access funds readily and at reasonable terms;
- Measure potential risk surrounding the internal control system, process and operations of the Hospital and report on areas in need of management intervention;
- Oversee development of a compliance plan and framework to ensure conformance to the supervisory as well as the Hospital’s rules and regulations;
- Review the Hospital’s operations, market position, strategic direction and potential systemic risks;
- In collaboration with the Head of Human Resources to develop enterprise-wide risk training programs and modules;
- Manage the delivery of risk trainings and evaluate the effectiveness of these trainings;
- Continuously assess the level of risk awareness in the Hospital and develop appropriate interventions;
- Prepare the risk and compliance departmental budget and follow up its implementation up on approval;
- Build, lead and motivate a competent risk and compliance management team that will in turn ensure that the department has the right people in the right places to sustainably support the delivery of risk and compliance services at the Hospital; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or related business field from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Economics, Information Technology, Law, Accounting, Finance, or Banking from a recognized institution.
- Professional certification in Risk Management; Financial Risk Management (FRM), RCP Level 3, Chartered Risk Analyst (CRA) or Governance Risk and Compliance Management (GRCM).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in risk management and compliance with 5 years at management level.
- Knowledge of various types of risks and their mitigations
- Clear understanding of relevant emerging issues in risk management
- Risk management skills including risk assessment, evaluation, quantification, mitigation and reporting skills
- Creativity and innovation skills
- Ability to use technology and other modern tools to drive decision making and implementation.
- Reporting writing skills
- Knowledge of international risk management standards
- Business Acumen
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Judgement and decision making skills
- Understanding of hospital operating model
- Leadership skills
- Independent mindedness
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer service skills
- Team working skills
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100