Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Country Programme Manager will contribute to the successful delivery of the CBM Kenya Country Office Strategic Plan by establishing strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and learning with CBM’s partner organizations. This role will build the capacity of the CBM Kenya Country Office and partner project staff.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Strategic Plan.
• Put in place an effective M&E framework to regularly measure progress on implementing the Country Strategic Plan, drawing and sharing lessons learned and applying adaptive management.
• Analyze external trends, challenges and opportunities relevant to CBM’s disability inclusive development focus and/or requiring a programmatic response by CBM, including disaster vulnerability, and share with internal stakeholders.
• Enable partners in documenting good practice cases and promote knowledge sharing among partners and within CBM.
• Ensure partner and project data is managed in line with data protection rules, and that updated programme records are kept.
• Organize and conduct initial and regularly update organizational capacity assessments and/or partnership reviews, jointly develop plans to address capacity gaps, identify solutions, monitor implementation and document learning.
• Strengthen income growth through funding diversification strategies with partners and oversee successful transition of projects through jointly prepared transition plans with the partner.
• Lead on development of inclusive emergency response and recovery projects with partners in the event of natural or manmade disasters.
• Lead in strengthening partner capacity to mainstream disability inclusive disaster risk reduction in programme work.
• Promote the inclusion of monitoring, evaluation and learning components in project plans; plan and conduct mid and end-term project evaluations with partners and support the dissemination of learning.
• Lead in programme reporting in line with CBM standards and donor requirements.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Relevant university degree in social sciences, public health, business administration, international development or related field.
• Professional experience of 10 years in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at senior level; track record in successfully designing and managing large inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners.
• Experience in developing and managing large scale programmes with institutional donors, including consortium led projects.
• Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
• Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
• Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
• Experience of developing rights-based programmes and working with marginalized and excluded groups.
• Proven skills in people and team management and coaching, with a focus on capacity development and performance management.
• Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
• Advantage of lived experience with disability.
• Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights.
• Solid understanding of project cycle management.
• Demonstrated report writing skills and experience
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
• Attention to effective written and verbal communication.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.