Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Triple Jump, an impact focused investment fund manager with a global portfolio, is looking for a:
(Senior) Investment Associate, Fund Investments
32-40 hours per week; Location Nairobi, Kenya.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Triple Jump is an independent, responsible investment manager focused on impact investing in emerging markets. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands with regional offices in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya. Our investment portfolio spans more than 60 countries. Triple Jump targets financial sector development and invests in financial intermediaries that close the finance gap. Triple Jump offers professional fund management services to investors, ranging from asset selection, to portfolio management and fund administration. Thanks to mandates from multiple investors, Triple Jump can provide services to a range of financial intermediaries in developing countries, including financial institutions, SME funds and direct investments.
Triple Jump’s fund investment team is managing the Dutch Good Growth Fund (DGGF), an open-ended EUR 330m Fund of Funds for SME investments in frontier markets, started in 2014. Triple Jump’s ambition is to grow towards new business opportunities in this asset class. The majority of the Fund Investment Team is currently based in Amsterdam.
We are looking to strengthen our Funds Investment Team with an (Sr.) Investment Associate based in Nairobi. The focus will be on origination and monitoring of investments to intermediary funds and financial institutions active in direct SME investments in Africa and the MENA region. As part of deal teams, the (Sr.) IA will participate on the various aspects of fund investing, including: market research and deal sourcing; screening, due diligence, drafting investment proposals, deal structuring and negotiation, portfolio monitoring and governance. You will also be involved in process and database management, as well as communication and reporting to the client. As (Sr.) IA, you will contribute to the evolution of a still young investment fund and the expansion of our activities and networks in the African region. You participate in overall company projects which impact your colleagues globally.
After an initial period of onboarding in Amsterdam, you will become the Fund Investment Team’s first representative in Triple Jump’s regional office in Nairobi. You report to the Director Fund Investments.
General Job Requirements
- Preferably MA University degree in Finance, Economics or related fields;
- > 3 years relevant professional experience, ideally through direct exposure to impact investments in emerging markets; investment experience with Private Equity-type funds a plus;
- Work experience in an emerging market;
- Existing network relevant to the position a plus;
- Fast learner, good multi-tasker, strong team player (work as part of a small, dedicated team);
- Comfortable in taking on new challenges while at the same time being hands-on regarding day-to-day tasks;
- Excellent writing, presentation, analytical and organizational skills;
- Fluent in English – French and/or Arabic a plus;
- Willingness to travel frequently for market development, due diligence or monitoring visits.
Triple Jump offers you
- A salary competitive for the impact investing sector, 13th month, plus benefits such as a variable part up to a maximum of 10% of your salary. The package includes 28 days of annual leave, based on a full-time contract;
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment;
- A unique opportunity to contribute to a pioneering, global investment portfolio;
- The position is initially for 1 year;
- Good work-life balance.
Click to Apply
Are you interested? Send in your application to Willem Boymans, HR Officer Triple Jump, before 15 January 2021, via https://triplejump.recruitee.com. More information can be obtained through Willem Boymans, HR, or Marie Heydenreich, Fund Investment Team at +31 20 220 2807.