Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
The overall purpose of this job is to drive sales to new emerging social commerce accounts and manage customer relationships for the business in line with the commercial strategy. The role is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration in the market by effectively selling Sendy services with an aim to maximize long-term revenue opportunities.
About the Role
The data engineer will be in charge of expanding and optimizing our data architecture and data pipeline with the purpose of improving data analysis and ML predictions. The data engineer will be handling the design and construction of scalable data systems and also research new use cases for data acquisition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and update the data storage strategy in line with the overall business strategy.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture with focus on ML.
- Improving existing setup with Snowflake.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Growth teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Improve access speed and optimize data storage for ML tasks.
- Build high-performance algorithms, predictive models, and prototypes.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Minimum two years’ experience in a data engineer role or similar.
- Experience with cloud data warehousing like snowflake
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, SQL as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets: i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: i.e. Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: i.e. Python, Java, etc.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options