Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI / VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
JOB TITLE: Program Officer
PROJECT: Resilience Learning Activity
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
REPORTS TO: Sr Partnership Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Summary: The Program Officer will be responsible for supporting as part of activity teams regional, national, and local organizations and institutions in Northern Kenya, Somalia, and the Horn of Africa to undertake analysis while strengthening their capacities for analytics; facilitating learning for adaptive management; and improving knowledge management and communication to align with USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance and the Horn of Africa Resilience Framework. RLA works through a Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach that can reveal what is working, guide management decisions, and identify local solutions to local problems to strengthen resilience capacities.
The Program Officer is expected to support CLA, capacity strengthening, and learning activities defined by the project as well push forward learning and CLA approaches in all stages of programming, promote and capture learnings to inform program decisions, drive results and produce scheduled outputs at deadline and to expected quality.
- Support RLA in planning, implementation, and monitoring of activities in Kenya (PREG and SE Coordination Mechanism), Somalia, and the region.
- Ensure that the project is constantly pursuing effective and innovative activities that are responsive to the needs of the target project sites and partners.
- Support RLA PREG Coordination unit in planning for events (virtual and in-person), support for county partners, and daily tasks.
- Engage with county PREG Partners, county government officials, local organizations and communities to assess needs, gaps, and provide support as needed and agreed upon by the RLA PREG team. Support PREG County Leads and Deputy County Leads in implementation of activities at the county level, including but not limited to administrative, coordination, and logistical support for (physical and virtual) workshops, meetings, webinars, capacity building initiatives, learning activities, and other events.
- Support PREG Learning’s Communications team to to capture relevant information, updates on shocks and stresses in the counties in order to improve knowledge management and strategic communications, including information sharing, and reporting on county activities, updates, successes, collaboration, and learning.
- Support in strengthening M&E and data analytics, including data collection, monitoring activities of local organizations and institutions receiving RLA funding, and 3rd party monitoring for learning.
- Support PREG Learning with systematizing feedback loop processes for PREG County activities, including pause and reflect sessions, after action reviews, strategic reviews, phone and online surveys, interviews, and other methods.
- Provide logistical support to PREG Learning to organize PREG events and activities at the county level.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by RLA PREG Learning team.
- Technical and logistical support to PREG Learning and the PREG County Leads in coordinating USAID investments at the county level.
- Technical and logistical support in planning for events and meetings at the county, national, and region level.
- Engagements with PREG County Partners, County Government Officials, local organizations, and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in development, research methods, economics, social sciences, project management or relevant field experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in organizing meetings, supporting learning and adaptive management activities, and experience in emergency and development programming is preferred.
- Knowledge of program resilience framework and approaches in the fragile context is an asset.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent report writing and strong computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and other related packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to travel and work within the ASAL counties.
- Previous work experience with PREG partners desired.
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than January 15, 2021.
In the subject line, please include the position title.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.