Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REFERENCE: EWASCO/HR/002/2020
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities –
- Recommend departmental policies, plans and guidelines and implements EWASCO organizational policies and procedures for department.
- Develop work plans and budgets for the Department for approval.
- Prepare draft Board management papers for approval.
- Manage Contracts and Negotiations with suppliers.
- Oversee opening and evaluation of Quotations, Tenders, Proposals and Expressions of Interest.
- Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan
- Participate in various committees in the Institution.
- Undertake Performance Management Reviews and acts as reviewer for staff within department.
- Manage staffing, development for procurement teams; motivates and develops project and team leaders i.e. evaluation committees; promotes teamwork to ensure effective work relations within department.
- Coordinate staff and ensures all activities in the procurement department run as scheduled by establishing process of setting targets within department and work towards their achievement.
- Coordinate regular meetings with staff and user departments to discuss department’s performance and resolve any issues in procurement process.
- Mentor and coach departmental staff. Oversee day-to-day management; control the operations within department, including deployment of staff and physical resources
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop Procurement Budget and ensures efficient management of available resources including deploying the department budget.
- Ensure that funds are available for any procurement under consideration.
- Recommend the best procurement methods; defines and communicates rules for supplier bids and ensures competitive procurement in the organization.
- Verify all procurement and disposal activities in accordance with the Public Procurement Act and EWASCO manual and policies.
- Review all records of purchased goods, including costs, deliveries and inventories and ensures maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information concerning department.
- Analyze and evaluate historical and market information provided to assess purchasing decisions and recommend improvements. Participate in price negotiations and manages high impact purchases.
- Monitor quality of purchased goods and services vis-a-vis the requirements and assists in solving major supplier problems.
- Monitor implementation of the procurement Quality Management System. Develop and implement all EWASCO departments’ procurement plans.
Qualification / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain management, Procurement and Contract management, Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent from a recognized university or Bachelor’s degree in any area with a Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain management, Procurement and Contract management, Purchasing and Supplies
- A master’s degree in supply chain management, Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies Member of KISM or CIPS and other relevant professional bodies in good standing.
- Minimum 5 (five) years’ relevant work experience with a public utility or service company
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;-
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
How to Apply
Application packages in sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by email to: –
The Managing Director
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD
EWASCO House, Off Meru-Embu Road
P.O. Box 2142, 60100 EMBU
Using the email Recruitment@embuwater.co.ke before the expiry of the closing date (18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours) with the VACANCY NUMBER as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
– Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification CLOSING DATE: 18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours