Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Finance officer, under the supervision of Finance and grant manager, will support the finance team in providing accurate accounting, timely payments and maintaining financial tracking systems. S/he will assist in producing financial reports and analysis to support the project staff in managing budgets and projects in the most accurate, efficient and cost-effective manner possible as per the laid down policies and procedures. The Finance officer will support producing FSD Kenya’s investment, grant management systems and reports of high quality. S/he will support the Finance and Risk controller in managing FSD Kenya’s exposure to risk and compliance in addition to involvement in due diligence processes of FSD Kenya’s partners.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Review and recommend updates to financial policies
- Assist in implementing financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of organisational projects and processes
- Supporting the Finance controller, finance manager, project managers and executives with projects, interventions and tasks budgets and finance when required
- Providing advice and guidance on all issues of financial management
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Process invoices for payment
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare balance sheets
- Reconcile bank statements
- Enter annual budgets into the accounting system to support subsequent reporting
- Produce daily trial balance, monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with statutory, International Financial Reporting Standards
- Payroll processing and remittance of statutory deductions
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of the expected vs actual income
- Facilitate timely grant processing to partners through ERP and subsequent disbursements, regularly updating the project on disbursement status.
- Financial monitoring and reporting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Managing records and receipts
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Resolve financial disputes raised by the project staff, contractors and partners
- Assist in the preparation and planning of budgets
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems
- Assist in preparation of budgetary planning and processes
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure within the approved budget
- Assist in preparing financial reports, including annual budget reports, quarterly financial statements for programme
- Coordinate the delivery and review of inputs on financial reporting from Project managers
- Produce accurate and sound financial reporting
- Monitor bank related issues
- Monitor spend against budgets and provide regular analysis to communicate status and highlight any areas of concern
- Providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Being a key point of contact for projects and other functions on financial and accounting matters
- Participate in internal and external review and ensure recommendation are implemented
- Participate in and contribute to financial audits
- Ensure operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies
- Support the development and effective implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal regulations
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation
- Ensure compliance issues from internal reviews and external audits are implemented
- Report emerging compliance issues to programme management
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management and employees
- File appropriate compliance reports
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes
Carry out any other duties or special assignments as assigned by the Finance team or management.
Conduct of work
The Finance officer will work as a full-time member of the FSD Kenya team, reporting directly to the Finance and grant manager (FGM). Given the core value of collaboration and cross-working, the Finance officer will also work closely with other colleagues to achieve the programme objectives, ensure stewardship for the Trust’s resources and adhere to policies and procedures.
The role will have limited opportunities for remote working with the approach taken driven by the demands of the role. Communication and collaboration are of paramount importance to the FSD team’s effectiveness. Guidelines on effective remote working and flexitime are set out in FSD’s policies and procedures. Successful remote and flexible working requires the full adoption of FSD’s technology-based communication tools. An initial 6-month probationary period is envisaged and subject to satisfactory performance appointment made for a period of 2 years in line with the employment terms of the FSD Trust. This includes 30 days annual leave, personal accident insurance, comprehensive medical cover as well as flexible working hours.
Outcomes and deliverables
The Finance officer will assist the Finance and risk controller and Finance and grant manager in maintaining an efficient financial management and administrative system. S/he will provide financial support and recommendations to FSD Project team. Key deliverable as per below:
- Payment of all FSD creditor invoices within three days of receipt
- Bank reconciliation within 10 days of the end of the month
- All Statutory payment made within the set timelines
- Ensure accounts are up to date at any given time
- Drafting monthly financial project reports for project teams
- Support drafting monthly financial report ready for Programme management team review by 10th of the subsequent month
- Support producing donor financial reports and allocation of funding
- Ensure full compliance to financial management of the Trusts policy and procedures
- Proactive involvement in implementation of new ERP system ensuring automation and efficient workflows achieved
- Support management of FSD Kenya’s compliance, due diligence and risk management function
FSD is managed on a strongly results based approach and each person is expected to deliver specific annual targets agreed with their manager to support the strategy and business plan. Programme and project reporting, as formally specified in the policies and procedures must be delivered on time and to the highest standards. FSD is managed on a strongly results-based approach and the Finance officer is expected to deliver specific annual targets agreed with the FGM to support the implementation of the strategy and yearly business plan. Programme and project financial reporting, as formally specified in the policies and procedures, must be delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Professional qualification in ACCA, CPA or CFA
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Apply by 10 January 2021