Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
• To review all internal processes, procedures, systems and policies and make recommendations to optimize operational efficiency ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising and coaching.
• Develop and implement ant-fraud programs designed to detect, prevent and eliminate fraud.
• Responsible for implementing, directing and overseeing the auditing and compliance programs.
• Serves as liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and update the company finance and operation’s policies and procedures in liaison with HODs and ensure their implementation and evaluate compliance and propose any modifications as needed.
• Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of standard operating procedures and controls and ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
• Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets.
• Conduct risk assessment of all departments and develop a corporate and departmental risk registers
• Plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
• Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified to the leadership team and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
• Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and ensure adoptions of the industry’s best practice
• Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved.
• Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures and ensure the organization’s readiness in case of business interruption
• Evaluate regulatory compliance program
• Provides support to the company’s anti-fraud programs.
Experience and Attributes:
• Educated to degree level in a business-related field or equivalent
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management in an FMCG in a manufacturing industry.
• Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
• A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to address issues and effect change
• Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
• Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexible and adaptable approach to shift patterns and hours of work, ability to work flexible hours from time to time
• Excellent commercial and financial awareness
• A ‘can-do’ attitude and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations
• Ability to work independently