Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Reports To: Chief Accountant
Job Purpose Summary: We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases. In this position, he/she will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Purchasing for new requirements across the company portfolio aiming to reduce the cost of production at all times
- Reviewing and evaluating all quotations received and verify against the purchase orders
- Place orders and makes follows up to ensure that the materials are supplied promptly
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database
- Receiving maintenance requests, negotiation and placing of material and plant orders against operational requisitions
- Prepare monthly reports on suppliers and comparative price levels
- Create and maintain good relationship with vendors/suppliers
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Maintain records of purchases, Pricing and other important data relevant to the department
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply and price options and profile and verify their capacities
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree- graduate from a recognized institution
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Five (5) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft office Suite
- Experience in working in FMCG industry
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Note: Due to overwhelming applications, we will only be able to revert to successful candidates.
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Apply by 15 January 2021