Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently recruiting an Inclusion Specialist (IS) for a two-year, FCDO-funded project entitled the Kenya Elections Support Programme (KESP). The program is expected to build upon electoral reforms previously supported by FCDO/DFID in Kenya to contribute to a credible, peaceful and inclusive 2022 general election in Kenya. The program will support:
- Meaningful electoral reforms early in the electoral cycle and effective coordination between relevant institutions;
- Improvement on standards achieved in the 2017 election, and incorporation of lessons learned for more effective planning, management, strategic communication and stakeholder engagement to build public trust;
- An enabling environment that leads to more women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWDs) turning out to vote and elected to representative posts; and,
- Strengthened domestic election observation and monitoring.
The IS will support the IFES-Kenya program by providing technical leadership to IFES’ inclusion project activities and by mainstreaming inclusion throughout IFES’ program. In addition, the IS will support institutions with electoral mandates in the full realization of the IEBC’s Gender and Inclusion Policy.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the creation and capacitation of gender focal points and/or units in line with the IEBC’s Gender & Inclusion Policy.
- Facilitate two-way dialogues between the IEBC and CSOs representing marginalized groups.
- Guide and support staff and consultants on issues related to women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWDs) with a focus on mainstreaming and participation of vulnerable groups in the electoral process.
- Prepare various analysis, reports, work plans and project documentation for the design, realization, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of programmatic activities of the office, ensuring inclusion mainstreaming throughout program activities.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with partner organizations and elections stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with key political and governance developments related to inclusion in the country and brief the Country Director and other IFES staff as necessary.
- Assist programs teams and technical specialists with development of briefing/training documents and materials for inclusion-related programmatic activities.
- Monitor and report on inclusion program activities.
- Represent IFES as required at external meetings related to inclusion-related topics and maintain good relationships with key local and international electoral stakeholders.
- Other duties as directed by the Deputy Country Director and/or Country Director.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of issues related to inclusion in political processes, particularly as relates to women, youth and PWDs.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, gender studies or related required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working with international NGOs on issues of inclusion in international technical assistance programs.
- Experience working on donor-funded programs.
- Experience working on democracy and governance programs.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in the gender and inclusion field.
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within assigned project location is strongly preferred.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.