Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently recruiting a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MELS) for a two-year, FCDO-funded project entitled the Kenya Elections Support Programme (KESP). The program is expected to build upon electoral reforms previously supported by FCDO/DFID in Kenya to contribute to a credible, peaceful and inclusive 2022 general election in Kenya. The program will support:
- Meaningful electoral reforms early in the electoral cycle and effective coordination between relevant institutions;
- Improvement on standards achieved in the 2017 election, and incorporation of lessons learned for more effective planning, management, strategic communication and stakeholder engagement to build public trust;
- An enabling environment that leads to more women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWDs) turning out to vote and elected to representative posts; and,
- Strengthened domestic election observation and monitoring.
The MELS will oversee monitoring systems for the IFES-Kenya field office and will work with the Country Director and/or their designee to provide technical leadership for project evaluations, risk mitigation and learning initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, oversee and coordinate the collection of performance data throughout the life of the project.
- Develop and maintain a database of performance indicators and ensure that the database is up to date in terms of baseline, targets, and actuals in line with the project’s logframe and/or Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Liaise regularly with the program implementing team and maintain a calendar of events to anticipate and plan for any monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data collection needs.
- Liaise regularly with the IFES M&E team in HQ to ensure data collection tools are appropriate and meet requirements for specific data collection efforts.
- Plan and help with the implementation of data collection efforts such as pre- and post-training surveys, special population surveys, and other data collection efforts that feed into periodic evaluations of different components of the program as well as the program’s risk mitigation efforts.
- Write periodic reports for the IFES Kenya office to document M&E data findings and report the progress of the project in relation to the logframe/PMP to IFES HQ and FCDO.
- Assess logframe/PMP indicators every fiscal year or more often, if necessary, to ensure relevance to planned results; suggest revisions or additions to PMP indicators if needed.
- Maintain and safeguard the electronic and hard copies of files to serve as backup related to the logframe/PMP.
- Develop and maintain a database of minutes of meetings, photos, and various reports produced by different staff in the office.
- Participate in meetings, training events and capacity building activities to collect data in relation to reporting and M&E.
- Monitor the media and other sources of information to collect information for reporting and provide evidence to support the verification of the PMP indicators.
- Join the Country Director and other staff at important meetings, write minutes of these meetings for filing and reporting purposes.
- Conduct other activities as may be requested by the Country Director or designee.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the drafting of program implementation plans and performance monitoring plans (PIP/PMP).
- Experience with data collection, data analysis, and effective data presentation techniques.
- Experience with developing and maintaining program performance and implementation tracking tools, such a M&E dashboards.
- Demonstrated ability to produce substantive and clear reporting documents.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with senior program staff to assess and report on program performance.
- Knowledge and experience with FCDO grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, research methodology or related required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working with international NGOs on monitoring and evaluation of international technical assistance programs.
- Experience working on donor-funded programs.
- Experience working on democracy and governance programs, especially in electoral assistance projects, preferred.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in the gender and inclusion field.
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within assigned project location is strongly preferred.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity