Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently recruiting a?Program Officer (PO) for a two-year, FCDO-funded project entitled the Kenya Elections Support Programme (KESP). The program is expected to build upon electoral reforms previously supported by FCDO/DFID in Kenya to contribute to a credible, peaceful and inclusive 2022 general election in Kenya. The program will support:
- Meaningful electoral reforms early in the electoral cycle and effective coordination between relevant institutions;
- Improvement on standards achieved in the 2017 election, and incorporation of lessons learned for more effective planning, management, strategic communication and stakeholder engagement to build public trust;
- An enabling environment that leads to more women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWDs) turning out to vote and elected to representative posts; and,
- Strengthened domestic election observation and monitoring.
The PO will provide technical and operation support to the IFES-Kenya field office. Specifically, PO will support the Deputy Country Director (DCD) to ensure program implementation remains on track and adheres to technical demands.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support implementation of activities as directed by the DCD or other designated supervisor, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant frameworks.
- Provide input into the annual workplan drafting process.
- Coordinate with implementing partners and participate in roundtables or other events per DCD’s guidance.
- Help monitor IFES’ outreach program and relationships with partners.
- Assist in conducting workshops and similar program activities.
- Support in the design and preparation of training materials.
- Conduct trainings for partners.
- Provide support to consultants.
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Contribute regularly to monitoring & evaluation data collection.
- Maintain crucial project documents, file all project documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the CD.
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project, communicate these items with the CD, and work to identify potential solutions.
- Closely monitor the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task, raise potential delays with the CD.
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met.
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by the DCD or CD.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
- Training experience including material development, design and implementation of training activities.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, international relations or related field required.
- 4 years of experience working with international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs.
- Experience working on donor funded programs.
- Familiarity with FCDO project implementation requirements is preferred.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in the gender and inclusion field.
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within assigned project location is strongly preferred.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.