Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role holder will be responsible to manage and supervise emerging consumers’ innovation initiatives inclusive of projects supporting consumer, product and process innovation. He/she must have a strong innovation delivery record, proven and impressive innovation project leadership & agile project management experience. Significant experience in project leadership roles at innovative driven enterprises could be highly relevant.
- Execution of the emerging consumers innovation projects for the business ensuring use of agile methodology;
- Appraise projects for commercial viability;
- Coordination of innovation projects across the business to ensure timely and on-budget delivery;
- Ensure appropriate cross functional representation to deliver innovation projects
- Manage idea collaboration from stakeholders to drive a continuous pipeline of innovative solutions;
- Ensure innovation projects are managed with an urgent sense of testing, learning and delivery;
- Continuously scan the external and global environment for new products and solutions that will give Britam a competitive edge and with a focus on enhanced customer satisfaction and experience;
- Continuously identify opportunities to partner with other organizations (beyond Insuretechs, Fintech, Banks etc.) to deepen insurance penetration in the region;
- Develop and maintain strong professional and collaborative professional relations with project teams and stakeholders;
- Develop and present proposals, update issues and findings to General Manager inclusive of suggestions, risk mitigations, cost benefit analysis and action plans;
- Develop complete project design and execution documents with task-level project plans to manage external partners and cross functional teams;
- Collaborate with project team members to identify business requirements.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role with proven innovation experience;
- University degree in Engineering, IT or Commerce
- Project Management certification and experience
- Proven ability to review and appraise commercial viability of projects
- MBA will be an added advantage
Change Leaders Competency Descriptions.
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focusing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions take into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; Building high expectations about the success of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledges high potential talent; Recognize the potential of individuals sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour; Push autonomy and empowerment downwards through the department.
- Persuading and Influencing – Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department; promotes the organisational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department and the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realise organisational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department’s future potential; Ensure departmental Balanced Score Card objectives and KPI’s are met and Exceeded; Ensure Personal Scorecard Objectives are met and exceeded; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; Work with direct reports to ensure the cascading of the strategic plan into integrated departmental plans that are meaningful to individuals; encourages others to take a strategic and long-term view in terms of the department’s future; Emphasise the impact and importance of individual contributions to the successful implementation of the organizational strategy in the department; Evaluate my own and others’ performance fairly and objectively; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking – Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, Add value to the department by capitalising on new business opportunities; trends and possible risks in the department’s structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; Identify ways to increase the Britam competitive advantage, exploiting those that will bring the greatest return within an acceptable level of risk; ensures costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value; Ensure that sufficient data about financial and other parameters of departmental performance are available; Interpret departmental information objectively against appropriate benchmarks.
- Planning and Organising – Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing organisational and market circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish projects; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Relating and Networking – Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building meaningful relationships with customers and staff across all levels of the organisation, inside and outside of the department; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
- Creating and Innovating – Promotes departmental improvement within relevant scope of influence; produces and encourages new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates the environment for innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to the strategic benefit of the department.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and organisational values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages departmental and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives- Accepts and tackles demanding departmental and personal goals with enthusiasm; leads by example by working hard and putting in longer hours in order to ensure successful implementation and completion of projects; show self-insight in own development needs.
- Adapting and Responding to change – Anticipates and effectively adapts to changing circumstances and ambiguous situations; accepts and actively drives new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different individuals or situations; Monitor changes in departmental issues, structures and dynamics and appreciate their implications for the business; Demonstrate an understanding of the links between the Britam’s structure, goals and capabilities; Constantly aware of competitors, trends and changes in the markets that the Britam works within; Maintains a focus on key priorities and deliverables, staying resilient in the face of pressure; Implement changes within my department to achieve set change goals; Responds flexibly to changing circumstances; Recognises when unable to cope and asks others for help; Uses change as an opportunity to improve ways of working, encouraging others’ buy-in; Takes ownership for communicating change initiatives clearly, ensuring smooth implementation.
- Analysing – Strategically analyses sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Cost Management– Demonstrates an awareness of financial issues affecting my department; Use financial information to monitor departmental performance and guide decisions; consistently identify opportunities to reduce costs within my department.
- Staff development- Create a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development ; Identify development needs within my department; Ensure direct reports have personal development plans in place that are regularly reviewed; Provide honest and constructive feedback on my team’s performance; Act as coach or mentor when appropriate; Allocate power, responsibilities and authority to appropriate subordinates.