Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for negotiating, writing, reviewing, summarizing, researching and executing a wide variety of agreements for companies and clients, including license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts as well as liaising with various regulators on compliance matters.
The Legal and Compliance Officer reports to the Managing Director.
• Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts.
• Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues.
• Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Strategic Business Units, Pensions, Sales, Human Resources.
• Liaise with the Capital Markets Authority and Retirement Benefits Authority
• Manage various projects and deadlines.
• Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
• Draft terms and conditions in agreements.
• Ensure legal objectives are met.
• Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
• Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
• Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
• Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
• Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum requirements)
• LLB from a recognized university
• Advocate of the High Court of Kenya or awaiting admission
• Corporate and Commercial law experience is an added advantage
Has previously worked in a commercial law firm or a busy financial institution.
If the above describes you, and you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted