Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Job:
The Program HR Manager shall ensure the execution of HR policies/procedures, coordinate talent management and development, and handle the day to day operations of the HR department. Also responsible for tracking and coordinating talent acquisition with the wider GSD Talent Acquisition team. Full end to end oversight of all People Operations within the program. Lead client engagement on people operations matters.
- Work closely with the Program Snr. Director (Site Operations) to develop and execute a recruitment process that attracts high caliber employees while adapting to the fluid capacity requirements of the organization
- Partner with departmental heads to facilitate career development through external and in-house training programmes tailored to enhance career development
- Facilitate the performance improvement process with an aim to ensuring its success
- Ensure organizational compliance of all HR policies and procedures and ensure the policies remain relevant and where necessary propose changes and/ or improvements
- Oversee staff welfare programmes and implement programmes to increase staff engagement including administering occupational health, staff safety and wellness programmes
- Work closely with the HR team to process the organization’s payroll, ensure all payroll reporting is done in a timely manner
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations. Ensure effective implementation of the disciplinary and grievance procedures, as applicable
- Maintain HR and labor law knowledge by tracking changes in Kenyan law and participating in forums that support knowledge transfer of best practices
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Registered member of IHRM
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Human Resources with at least 2 years in a Manager role preferably in a large scale technology operation. External stakeholder management a plus.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite applications
- Ability to analyze organization and individual needs and develop plans to meet them
- Experience with assessing talent management, executing performance management systems, and executing staff development plans
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met while having frequent interruptions.
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to build and maintain a positive work environment
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and support direct reports and employees
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
- Experience working with people from disadvantaged backgrounds is an added advantage
- At ease in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong grasp of Kenyan labor and employment laws
Application deadline is January 31, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.