Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR, CORPORATION SECRETARY & LEGAL SERVICES EBK GRADE 2
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL I (200)
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION OF DIRECTOR,CORPORATION SECRETARY & LEGAL SERVICES GRADE EBK 2
The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a State Corporation established under Section 3 (1) of the Engineers Act 2011. The Board has the overall mandate of developing and regulating engineering practice in Kenya. The development and regulation of engineering practice is considered key component to the achievement of infrastructure foundation under the Country’s Vision 2030 development blueprint and the Big Four Agenda.
The Board is seeking a suitably qualified,dynamic and energetic individual of high degree of integrity and professionalism to fill the Position of Director,Corporation Secretary & Legal Services as follows:
1. JOB TITLE : DIRECTOR, CORPORATION SECRETARY & LEGAL SERVICES GRADE EBK 2
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Director, Corporation Secretary & Legal Services is responsible for the provision of the corporate secretarial services to the Board of Directors, provide legal guidance to the Board and general legal services to the Board.
3. JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
i. Developing and reviewing relevant regulatory Legal frameworks for the better implementation of the Boards mandate;
ii. Providing advice on legal and corporate matters to the Board through interpretation and writing legal opinions;
iii. Coordinating and ensuring representation of the Board in courts or other judicial authorities;
iv. Providing guidance on corporate governance practices to the Board and all employees;
v. Advising the Board and Management on all legal matters;
vi. Overseeing the Boards compliance with statutory and other regulatory requirements;
vii. Overseeing the formulation and implementation of strategies on litigation, prosecution and arbitration;
viii. Coordinating all litigation, arbitration and prosecution in liaison with the Attorney General’s Chambers, Government Ministries and external lawyers in various litigation as required;
ix. Developing preventive legal strategies aimed at forestalling disputes, controversies and litigation;
x. Overseeing the provision of legal support to the draw up of the legal documents, contract leases and other related documents;
xi. Overseeing representation of the Board before the Courts and other Tribunals;
xii. Coordinating the review of laws, by-laws and regulations relating to the Board;
xiii. Overseeing research on emerging legal issues and advising the Board accordingly;
xiv. Overseeing the development and maintenance of an updated case registers;
xv. Managing implementation of the Directorates deliverables in realization of the Boards Strategic Plan and Performance Contract;
xvi. Coordinates the development of the Directorates work plans, progress reports and budgets;
xvii. Managing the implementation of legal risk mitigation measures and updating of the Directorates Enterprise Risk Register;
xviii. Overseeing capacity building as well as development of staff in the Directorate;
xix. Coordinate the drafting, negotiating and vetting of contracts, MOUs, leases and other legal documents; Ensuring effective and efficient management of agreements and contracts;
xx. Monitoring and ensuring compliance with legal framework, agreements and contracts;
xxi. Coordinating all conveyancing activities and keeping custody of title documents;
xxii. Coordinating the conduct of legal audit to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and advise on need for revision of the same;
xxiii. Organize the new Board’s induction as well as creation of awareness to the requirements of relevant legislation to ensure compliance with legal statutes/legislation;
xxiv. Providing Board corporate secretarial services;
xxv. Preparing and maintaining proper records of Boards proceedings and being the custodian of Board documents such as, Board minute Books, Board policy documents, Board’s register of Conflict of interest and register of Board meetings attendance;
xxvi. Coordinating annual Board evaluation and governance audits;
xxvii. Enforcing the implementation of the Mwongozo Code of Conduct and Ethics;
xxviii. Keeping safe custody of the Board Seal and security documents;
xxix. Draft and facilitate gazzettement of legal notices issued by the Board;
b) Person SpecificationsFor appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years minimum related work experience with at least three (3) years of which must have been at a management position either in public or private sector.;
- Master’s Degree in Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Have a Degree in Law from a recognized university;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Have a Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have a current law practicing certificate;
- Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK);
- Be a Member, Law Society of Kenya (LSK); and
- Leadership course lasting not less than 6 weeks.
c) Key Competencies and SkillsFor consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
i. Proficiency in IT
ii. Strategic thinking
iii. Analytical Skills
iv. Strong Communications and Reporting Skills
v. Strong Managerial Skills and Ability to lead teams
vi. Mentoring, Coaching and Leadership Skills
vii. Interpersonal and Negotiation Skills
viii. Team Player
4. TERMS OF SERVICE:The Director, Corporation Secretary & Legal Services will serve on Contract fora period of five (5) year term renewable based on performance.An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
5. CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
· Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
· Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority(KRA),
· Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID) ;
· Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
· Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
6. HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.or.ke/career-opportunities and must complete the online registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents;
· Cover Letter
· Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
· Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
· Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications must be received not later than 27th January, 2021 at 1700Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100 NAIROBI.
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.