Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Africa Public Health Foundation
The Africa Public Health Foundation was established in September 2019 to forge partnerships and mobilize resources for the Africa CDC, to support critical public health activities across the continent.
The Foundation will advance public-private cooperation to strengthen health systems, develop the healthcare workforce, support innovations for public health, and advocate for robust policies, regulations, and partnerships for resource mobilization. The Foundation’s mission and vision are aligned to that of the Africa CDC to support member states to build their capacity to better detect and respond to disease outbreaks and emergencies. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become even more urgent for the Foundation to build a sustainable, scalable organization to increase the public health impact on the continent in the coming years.
The Foundation has a vibrant governing council comprising of seasoned professionals. The Council’s mandate is to provide strategic direction and oversight on all activities as ambassadors of APHF to critical stakeholders and custodians of APHF’s assets.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
To coordinate and execute APHF’s internal and external communications activities, working to capture and reflect the ‘voice’ of the Foundation. The communications lead will synthesize the Foundation’s communications through updating the website, social media, stakeholder newsletters and reports. Initially, the Communications Lead will report to the CEO before the Head of External Relations comes onboard.
As a new organization, staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define their experiences and those of their colleagues in the years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are valued and will be essential to the Foundation’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advice, and mentoring, staff are supported to learn by positioning them as core members of program teams to drive public health impact.
- Coordinate the development of a communications strategy, ensuring this strategy is regularly updated and evaluated
- Bring coherence to APHF’s communications (website and social media accounts and any events and internal communications) to ensure they are aligned with APHF’s mission, values, and strategies
- Use impact data from programs to inform and support internal and external communications in multiple formats
- Write and edit content for the website, in liaison with the Resource Mobilization Lead and other team members.
- Manage APHF’s social media channels, including developing a social media plan and maintaining APHF’s voice on social media in line with the principles and values
- Research, draft and curate compelling stories that speak to the work and impact of grantees
- Support APHF leaders in external engagements, including any media and speaking opportunities and events; as well as assist in identifying such engagements where necessary.
- Keep informed of trends in communications and philanthropy and in the fields in which APHF works to proactively identify and act on opportunities to collaborate with peers and other stakeholders to advance priorities
- Provide internal communications support, such as compiling and editing reports to APHF Council
- Oversee APHF’s brand identity, ensuring coherence and continued development as required
- Utilize communications tools and services such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics, WordPress and Mailchimp
- Work with program teams to review communications activities in grantee proposals and reports
- Any other tasks as directed by the CEO/Head of Eternal Relations
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication and Public relations, Marketing s or a relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications with progressively increasing responsibility
- A skilled writer and editor with a track record of telling stories of positive impact
- Experience working in and leading communications campaigns in non-governmental organizations and/or foundations
- Expertise with platforms and tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics, WordPress and Mailchimp
- Design skills or demonstrable interest in design as applied to communications
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/manage junior team members
- Demonstrated fluency in English speaking and writing skills, proficiency in other AU official languages is a plus
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of philanthropy and/or public health work in Africa
- Knowledge or experience of working on Corporate Social Responsibility programs
- Strong regional and global networks
- Experience of working in different national and regional contexts in Africa
APHF intends to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate.
Join Our Team
This will be a full-time position based in Nairobi. We will consider sponsoring applications for work authorization for exceptional candidates.
As part of our dedication to equal employment opportunity and the diversity of our staff, APHF does not discriminate based on race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or any other basis. We especially encourage applications from women.
Please submit your application to email@example.com by 20th January 2021. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for interviewing rounds to test their skills and to discuss their interests and experience. Candidates may be asked to come for interviews in-person at the APHF office, particularly in later stages of the interviewing rounds.