Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Africa Public Health Foundation
The Africa Public Health Foundation was established in September 2019 to forge partnerships and mobilize resources for the Africa CDC, to support critical public health activities across the continent.
The Foundation will advance public-private cooperation to strengthen health systems, develop the healthcare workforce, support innovations for public health, and advocate for robust policies, regulations, and partnerships for resource mobilization. The Foundation’s mission and vision are aligned to that of the Africa CDC to support member states to build their capacity to better detect and respond to disease outbreaks and emergencies. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become even more urgent for the Foundation to build a sustainable, scalable organization to increase the public health impact on the continent in the coming years.
The Foundation has a vibrant governing council comprising of seasoned professionals. The Council’s mandate is to provide strategic direction and oversight on all activities as ambassadors of APHF to critical stakeholders and custodians of APHF’s assets.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
The Operations Lead will support the development and implementation of APHF operations, building the finance, budgeting, HR, IT, office management, and legal teams. As the Foundation grows, the Operations Lead will help maintain a strong culture of honesty, a drive for constant improvement, diversity and inclusion, active listening to partners, and attentive and dedicated management at all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about building a great organization and comfortable with a fluid role in a dynamic environment. Initially, the Operations Lead will report to the CEO until the Head of Operations comes onboard.
As a new organization, staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define their experiences and those of their colleagues in the years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are valued and will be essential to the Foundation’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advice, and mentoring, staff are supported to learn by positioning them as core members of program teams to drive public health impact.
- Setup and strengthen operating systems, tools, and processes such as finance, budgeting, reporting, planning, auditing, HR, IT, and other office management activities as needed
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations
- Support the administrative needs of the CEO/Head of Operations
- Coordinate all details related to recruitment
- Develop performance appraisal criteria and support the appraisal process for employees
- Coach, manage and support junior team members under your supervision, ensuring that the junior team members have defined work plans
- Any other tasks as directed by the CEO/Head of Operations
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management, specifically the management of vendors, people, and talent, and contracts
- Strong planning and project management skills related to setting and monitoring goals, developing plans and timelines, and measuring success
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public or private sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/manage junior team members
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, employee management, and negotiations
- Demonstrated fluency in English speaking and writing skills, proficiency in other AU official languages is a plus
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience in working with a variety of donors in different sectors, including philanthropy and the private sector
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Experience of working in different national and regional contexts in Africa
APHF intends to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate.
Join Our Team
This will be a full-time position based in Nairobi. We will consider sponsoring applications for work authorization for exceptional candidates.
As part of our dedication to equal employment opportunity and the diversity of our staff, APHF does not discriminate based on race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or any other basis. We especially encourage applications from women.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th January 2021. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for interviewing rounds to test their skills and to discuss their interests and experience. Candidates may be asked to come for interviews in-person at the APHF office, particularly in later stages of the interviewing rounds.