Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Africa Public Health Foundation
The Africa Public Health Foundation was established in September 2019 to forge partnerships and mobilize resources for the Africa CDC, to support critical public health activities across the continent.
The Foundation will advance public-private cooperation to strengthen health systems, develop the healthcare workforce, support innovations for public health, and advocate for robust policies, regulations, and partnerships for resource mobilization. The Foundation’s mission and vision are aligned to that of the Africa CDC to support member states to build their capacity to better detect and respond to disease outbreaks and emergencies. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become even more urgent for the Foundation to build a sustainable, scalable organization to increase the public health impact on the continent in the coming years.
The Foundation has a vibrant governing council comprising of seasoned professionals. The Council’s mandate is to provide strategic direction and oversight on all activities as ambassadors of APHF to critical stakeholders and custodians of APHF’s assets.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
The Resource Mobilization Lead will lead the overall coordination, planning, development, and management of fundraising initiatives to mobilize resources. The Resource Mobilization Lead will also work towards the enlargement of the Foundation’s donor network; identifying prospects for donor programs, collaborating with staff to track the progress of fundraising activities, conducting prospect research, and supporting grant proposal writing. As we grow, the Resource Mobilization Lead will support the Foundation to diversify its income base, working with leading philanthropists, the private sector and individuals. The ideal candidate is passionate about building a great organization and comfortable with a fluid role in a dynamic environment. Initially, the Resource Mobilization Lead will report to the CEO until the Head of External Relations comes onboard.
As a new organization, staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define their experiences and those of their colleagues in the years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are valued and will be essential to the Foundation’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advice, and mentoring, staff are supported to learn by positioning them as core members of program teams to drive public health impact.
- Engage with donor agencies and peer organizations to identify meaningful opportunities for the Foundation
- Scan and monitor donor activity on the continent
- Lead prospect research on donors
- Write briefing notes and other materials to support the CEO/Head of External Relations and others to lead on donor relationships effectively
- Support network building through a program of events and communication activities that can engage and inspire existing and potential supporters
- Coordinate and engage with program teams to develop grant proposals and reports
- Oversee donors’ stewardship activities that go above and beyond contractual reporting obligations
- Work with CEO/Head of External Relations and Operations Lead to develop compelling narratives on the success stories of the Foundation for external use
- Manage staff performance under their supervision and provide regular feedback
- Any other tasks as directed by the CEO/Head of External Relations
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication and Public relations or a relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the management of sales or fundraising in complex institutions
- Experience in successfully managing a pipeline of funding opportunities from prospect research to grant agreement, either in the private or not-for-profit sectors
- Strong sense of ethics in fundraising and handling complex gifts
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience of working with senior officials in public and/or private sector
- Excellent written and personal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues in a straightforward and non-technical manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, and working with flexibility in a collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/manage junior team members
- Demonstrated fluency in English speaking and writing skills, proficiency in other AU official languages is a plus
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience in working with a variety of donors in different sectors, including philanthropy and the private sector
- Strong regional and global networks
- Experience managing a donor database or CRM, including gift processing staff, processing systems and performance reporting
- Experience of working in different national and regional contexts in Africa
APHF intends to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate.
Join Our Team
This will be a full-time position based in Nairobi. We will consider sponsoring applications for work authorization for exceptional candidates.
As part of our dedication to equal employment opportunity and the diversity of our staff, APHF does not discriminate based on race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or any other basis. We especially encourage applications from women.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th January 2021. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for interviewing rounds to test their skills and to discuss their interests and experience. Candidates may be asked to come for interviews in-person at the APHF office, particularly in later stages of the interviewing rounds.