Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
· An Internship opportunity between 3-6 months (depending on funding)
The Communication Intern role is key in ensuring that staff, partners and other stakeholders know about and are proud of AKF work in Kenya.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Communications Officer and work closely with the rest of the Country team to develop communication tools and materials.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support in the execution of the communication strategy
- Support in the creative development and execution of content
- Suggest story ideas and produce well written stories on the impact of AKF’s work in the region
- Coordinate recording and editing of human-interest stories and photographs for use in communication and internal/external reporting
- Prepare the Terms of Reference (TOR) and media guidelines for the Photographer/Videographer on each project to be covered
- Establish and maintain an active social media community for the Country Programmes
- Establish and manage mainstream media contacts for networking
- Produce (in coordination with the Communications Officer and the other AKF staff) leaflets, briefings and brochures setting out the nature of AKF work in the region
- Identify fundraising opportunities and communicate with potential and existing donors
- Regularly update the fundraising strategy under the direction of the Communications Officer and with the rest of the team
- This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modifications and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required
Academic Qualification & Competencies:
- University degree in Media, Communications, Public Relations or related field (Graduated not more than 2 years ago)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email management. Knowledge of working with Photoshop and InDesign will be an added advantage
- Relevant skills managing social media platforms
- Ability to identify and write strong, interesting stories/ case studies
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and work with short deadlines
- Must be a good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance.
How to apply
To apply, send your current CV and Cover Letter stating your suitability for the position against the specifications given to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Communications Intern’ by EOD Friday, 15thJanuary 2021.
Each application should include three (3) referees.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ps: Please note that Al- Khair Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fees at any point of the job applications.