Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Technical Advisor (TA) provides assistance to MTaPS Country Director and Senior Technical Advisors in technical activities focusing on GHSA interventions in improving infection prevention and control (IPC), water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) and pharmacovigilance for safety monitoring. S/he supports in-country and regional teams in the design and implementation of technical activities ensuring their adequate contribution to MTaPS results. The TA is also responsible for the implementation and evaluation of those designated field activities such as development, deployment of tools/guidelines and implementation of county and facility based interventions. Under guidance from senior staff, s/he provides support to program quality reviews, activity reporting, and knowledge management activities. As required, other areas of work may include activities aimed at strengthening pharmaceutical systems, supply chain management or pharmaceutical services in developing countries.
Technical Support (40%)
- Participate in the coordination, design and implementation of technical assistance in support of MTaPS GHSA/IPC/WASH/AMS in the country
- Participate in the coordination, design and implementation of technical assistance in support of MTaPS IGAD/EAC pharmacovigilance (PV) activities.
- Conduct desk-based and/or field-based research and technical assistance activities including delivery of reports, papers, and training as designated by senior technical staff.
- Participate in the design and implementation of GHSA/IPC/AMS and PV field activities including the development of tools and implementation of data analysis plans; also assist in data interpretation and technical activity reporting.
- Participate in human resource capacity assessments in the health and pharmaceutical sector and collaborate with senior technical staff and the Capacity Building and Performance Improvement Unit in the development of capacity building and training materials.
- Support country activities under the guidance from the CPD and STA and in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit, in the development and implementation of portfolio specific M&E plans.
- Participate in the review of designated program documentation and activity products ensuring quality of program deliverables.
- Participate in the development of communication materials, presentations, articles, concept papers, abstracts and posters in the context of knowledge management and participate in the presentation of these products to various audiences and forums.
- Provide writing and analytical assistance as needed to produce special thematic reports and/or technical briefs documents aimed for publication.
- Attend technical and brown bag informational meetings when required and prepare related briefs for senior technical staff. Also, work occasionally with senior technical staff for developing MSH proposals and new assistance projects as needed.
- Participate in other duties, as assigned.
Capacity Building (40%)
- Participate in human resource capacity assessments in the pharmaceutical sector and collaborate internally and externally to develop country-specific capacity building material, strategies and roll out plans in support of IPC AMS and PV.
- Support implementation of IPC and AMS capacity building materials, strategies and action plans at national and county levels.
- Assist Ministry of Health (MOH), AMR secretariat, Public Health Programs and County Health Management Teams to design and review AMR related policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and other relevant materials,
- Participate in the planning and delivery of Pharmaceutical system strengthening programs aimed at building the capacity of MOH, Public Health Programs, relevant regulatory authorities, professional associations and training institutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders for the development, deployment and implementation of appropriate tools necessary to improve pharmaceutical management information systems and their appropriate use for decision making.
Monitoring and Evaluation (20%)
- In coordination with the M&E team, support project for the establishment of mechanisms for collecting relevant data to their established indicators. Also participate in program review activities and provide adequate recommendations.
- Support project staff in the adequate documentation and dissemination of program results and lessons learned including the development and submission of abstracts and articles to scientific journals and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field required.
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years of experience with a Master’s, and 2 years of experience with a Doctorate’s degree.
- Experience in international public health with a focus on strengthening health, pharmaceutical and pharmacovigilance systems in developing countries.
- Specialized training and/or practical experience related to infection control, including at the health facility level, and other areas of AMR containment such as WASH and antimicrobial stewardship.
- Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID, CDC and international agencies such as the Global Fund, UNITAID, WHO and World Bank preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents and to make presentations in English is required.
- Competence in use of word processing programs required, and experience with spreadsheets and database applications strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential
- Proficiency in English and any other languages of other USAID-supported countries is desired.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team spirit.
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Good judgment for decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability in consensus building and constructively leading a team.
- Travel requirements 60% in Kenya and within selected counties.