Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
NANHRI is seeking to recruit a Senior Programmes Officer to be based at its Secretariat office in Nairobi, Kenya, with frequent travels on the continent.
The Senior Program Officer position is newly created and will work closely with the Executive Director, Resource Mobilization and Partnership Advisor, Finance Officer, Communications officer and relevant Program Officers working on the Regional Mechanisms, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression (SOGIE), and decriminalisation of petty offences and Human Right Defenders (HRDs). The Senior Program Officer’s (SPO) role is to oversee the design and implementation of diverse grant portfolio, provide technical support and expertise in regional mechanisms, SOGIE rights, and relevant support in HRDs in addition to ensuring that all programs are aligned to NANHRI’s Strategic Plan. His/her main responsibility is to ensure timely and effective implementation of programmes/projects, support fundraising and donor engagement initiatives as well as day to day staff management and monitoring of performances.
- A Masters Degree in Social Sciences, Human Rights Law, International Relations, Development studies or other related field
- More than 5 years’ experience in the human rights and social justice field. Experience working in advocacy and legislation will be an added advantage
- Understanding of human rights institutions particularly as they relate to regional human rights mechanisms, Human Rights Defenders
- Able to clearly demonstrate experience in handling sexual and gender minorities program implementation in African context
- Excellent research, report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent concept, proposal writing and budgeting skills with resource mobilization and partnerships experience
- Excellent computer skills in various computer packages
- Excellent working knowledge of English; a good working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
How to apply
If you possess the above qualities for the position, please send your application STRICTLY by Email clearly indicating the position on the subject matter together with a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vita, a daytime telephone contact, and names and contacts of three referees by 27th January 2021 to:
Network of African NHRIs
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 2nd Floor
P. O. Box 74359‐00200
Email : email@example.com
With a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org