Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manage a portfolio of counterparty credit risks associated with lending, trading, and investing activities, with the primary objective of assessing and managing risk within acceptable parameters as well as manager a team of other Credit Analysts.
Ensure the effective management of Credit Portfolio Allocated.
• Demonstrate complete ownership and thorough understanding of the risk profile of the credit portfolio allocated.
• Formulation and recommendation and/or evaluation of credit proposals, with a comprehensive risk assessment for new or increased facilities, as well as annual risk reviews on the existing portfolio base. This will usually entail visiting the customer and engaging at MD (Managing Director), FD (Financial Director) or FM (Financial Manager) level, and where necessary. Present applications to Credit committees consisting of Exco members.
• Coordinate and ensure that the post-approval implementation of facilities and legal documentation is in accordance with the conditions of sanction.
• Follow up and address non-adherence to terms and conditions of sanction by counterparties; to consider the inherent risk therein and to make recommendations as to action to be taken to regularise or mitigate such increased risk
• Coordinate research in respect of industry and market risk in relation to counterparty exposures on the underlying portfolio.
• Articulate credit appetite based on risk appetite for sector and give guidance structure of deals and documents (legal and collateral) required.
Complete effective financial analysis of counter party credit risks.
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of counter party risks for new or increased facilities. Conduct annual risk reviews on the existing portfolio base.
• Make timeous, sound and pragmatic recommendations and decisions in managing accounts within portfolio.
Effective Management and completion of all other required administration.
• Daily management, escalation and control of portfolio irregularities.
• Participate in projects as delegated from time to time.
• Management of excesses on portfolio.
Keep abreast of industry specific knowledge and key developments.
• Participate in and remain abreast of market developments.
• Stay attuned to industry and market risk developments and trends in relation to counterparty exposures and their impact on the underlying portfolios.
Ensure an efficient and effective leadership and staffing process.
• Oversee the moderation and relative distribution of performance appraisals in line with overall business performance for the area.
• Together with Human Capital for the area, determine the people strategy for the area with a focus on talent management, resourcing, development and retention.
Ensure efficient and effective stakeholder engagement.
• Proactively develop and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Hold primary relationship with clients and handle all aspects of client interaction including coordinating and execution of transactions.
• Work closely with front office to secure deals by providing the appropriate structuring advice at the appropriate DA (Delegated Authority) level.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Commerce or equivalent.
- Masters Degree in Business Commerce will be an added advantage
- 3-4 Years in corporate credit through conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards, as well as a thorough understanding of products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk. Understanding of Basel and broader regulatory and compliance requirements.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Good understanding of vanilla lending and derivative products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risks, including the documentation required/presented to manage that risk.
- Well developed knowledge of financial markets, global economy and appropriate regional geographies in which portfolio operates.
- Good understanding of accounting (both management and financial accounting) to analyse financial strengths and weaknesses of clients and identify potential risks to credit proposals.
- Understanding and working knowledge of risk systems monitoring and its related procedures for analysing the account behaviour of clients and identifying trends and shifts in credit risk profiles.
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Measurement
- Risk Identification
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process.