Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Scope of Work
As a Junior Web backend specialist, the consultant will help to build, test and deploy software that will support different web products.
The emphasis will be on delivering web products that are accessible.
- Design scalable and maintainable backend software to support web/mobile products
- Integrate software with third party APIs and where necessary document the implementation
- Monitor backend applications for security and provide timely fixes
- Implement CI/CD pipelines to help test and deploy software
- Research and innovate around the space of accessibility
Desired Skill Sets/Qualifications
- Experience with a mainstream backend language. [NodeJS, .NET, Java, Python]
- Development experience in an agile environment
- Complete understanding and working experience with git for version control
- Solid understanding of web application development processes and software architecture
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
- Some level of experience working with containers will be an added advantage
- Experience with at least one relational database engine
- Any working experience with a no relational database is an added advantage
- Eagerness to learn and grow
PROFESSIONALISM: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; Is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- On the job training