Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref: HR/FM/PKF 01
Our Client, the Brooke East Africa is an international charity that protects and improves the lives of horses, donkeys and mules.
The charity works with owners, local vets, farriers, harness makers, animal traders, communities, and policymakers to bring about lasting improvements to the lives of working animals, giving people in the developing world the opportunity to work their way out of poverty.
The organisation wishes to recruit a transformational individual to occupy the following position:
Finance Manager – HR/FM/PKF 01
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and being a member of the Regional Senior Management Team, the post-holder will provide strategic leadership to the Brooke’s Finance functions in the region to ensure the delivery of high impact donkey welfare programs through partners.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for maintaining robust financial systems and internal controls in order to safeguard Brooke East Africa’s assets, mitigate against the risk of fraud, mismanagement or financial loss and fulfil statutory and donor financial requirements and are compliant with Brooke UK’s minimum finance standard. The candidate would have managed accounting systems appropriate to their scale of operations and is capable of maintaining proper accounting records that satisfy the local accounting and tax requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Financial Procedures that are compliant with the Brooke UK’s minimum Finance Standards are in place, well understood and effectively adhered to by partners and the Brooke EA
- Ensure that the Financial system is well integrated and working optimally
- Ensure that financial controls, authorizations and related checks and balances are in place and are consistently applied to ensure the cost effective use of funds and prevention of fraud.
- Ensure that financial reports from financial officers both in the office and from partners are adequately reviewed and scrutinised for accuracy and integrity before approval, and consolidation
- Statutory compliance is fully implemented
- Timely preparation and communication of monthly and quarterly financial reports for the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the regional team summarising regional financial performance against budget/forecast with meaningful analysis/commentary that highlight material variances and clear recommendations of corrective action to support financial decision making.
- Partner’s financial processes, systems and procedures are reviewed on a rotational basis to ensure that appropriate internal controls exist and are in operation.
- Ensure that internal audits, partnership financial assessments including due diligence are scheduled and carried out on all partners; and carry out support visits to follow up on implementation of prior audit recommendations;
- Highlight Financial implications of project delivery challenges and implement relevant corrective measures
- Identify and address capacity gaps and anticipate and mitigate partner financial risks
- Ensure that the financial planning and forecasting for Brooke East Africa is well coordinated;
- Review Partner and BEA financial plans to ensure their accuracy, consolidation and sign-off;
- Provide timely, relevant, accurate and complete Financial Management Information to the Brooke UK;
- Maintain a complete set of accurate financial records and relevant supporting documentation for each donor-funded project;
- Reporting to the CEO on the funding positions and grant management in the region;
- Ensure Risk awareness is created across the organisation including partners via training and risk workshops;
- Ensure that risk management policies and related documents are in place and up to date for both the office and partners in the region;
- Ensure that the risk register is duly updated and operationalised;
- Ensure that the Job Descriptions for all Finance staff in the region are clear and up-to-date;
- Receive and provide input and support to other officers whose jobs are interdependent with this position
- Supply reports and other required information and date to other parts of the organisation as required.
- Participate in terms of staff meetings; add value to the meeting agenda and discussions to enhance programme effectiveness.
- Manage Finance Staff in the region in terms of recruitment, appraisals, grievance handling, problem solving and disciplinary procedures;
- Collaborate with the BEA’s partners and maintain constructive working relationships with Finance Staff of other NGO’s UN agencies, the Kenyan Government etc.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Economics or a related field from a recognised university;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Economics or a related field from a recognised university;
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience, five of which (5) should be in a management role in the Pensions field;
- Must have completed CPA, ACCA, CFA, CMA courses or equivalent and be a member of ICPAK, ACCA, ICIFA or any other relevant professional body;
- Must have experience in managing financial systems
- Must have competence in financial management and accounting
- Must have good representation skills
- Must have competence in project cycle management
- Must have experience in taking collaborative approaches to resolving issues with stakeholders
- Good leadership and management skills with team leadership and management abilities
- Excellent communication skills in both the written and the spoken word
- Must have good time management skills and be able to work well under pressure
- Should have excellent problem-solving skills
- Should have strategic planning skills and be well organised in running their daily business.
To apply, please follow the link below and fill out the Google Form with your details, attaching the appropriate documents as instructed:
All applications must be received by 22nd January, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer