Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
United Nations Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Ltd (UN Sacco Ltd) is one of the best managed Tier 1 Saccos and has been in operation for over 40 years.
The Sacco has significantly grown over the years and looking to recruit vibrant individuals of high integrity who will work with the current team to take the Sacco to the next level of Success.
In her quest for excellence, the Sacco seeks to recruit for the positions as advertised below;
Reports to: Head of Operations
Terms: Open ended contract
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring that the UN-SACCO’s compliance with the procurement standards and ensures that they are met. The role also provides a responsive, effective and quality expertise procurement services and business advice to the UNSACCO ‘s CEO and the deputy CEO, while achieving best value for money, ensuring a competitive fair and transparent process in accordance with established regulations, rules and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advice the CEO on procurement related matters providing a professional opinion
- Plan, develop and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity.
- Provide technical advice on procurement activities to officials of substantive units during all phases of procurement cycle
- Supervise preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage/ conduct all aspects of the tender exercise.
- Utilize established procurement procedures to clarify and solve procurement related queries from users
- Establish and maintain work program and time frames for processing requests in accordance with the established procurement policy and manual
- Develop and prepare contracts for the procurement of goods and services, issuing national/ international tender invitations, evaluate responses and make recommendations for the finalization of purchase and award of contracts, approve procurement orders through the ERP system up to the authorized limits and prepare draft submissions for the CEO before presentation to the relevant committees for review and subsequent approval by authorized official.
- Conduct market research via internet and trade publications to keep abreast of market developments, research and analyze statistical data, market reports and availability of goods and services.
- Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and advice vendors and users on contractual rights and obligations, conduct or coordinate all phases of negotiation of disputes arising from contracts
- Prepare a variety of procurement related documents, contracts, communication and guidelines, development of a procurement policy that fits the need of the organization.
- Inventory management and inspection of delivered goods to ensure conformity to agreed specifications
- Secretary to the |Tender Evaluation Committee, Disposal Committee and Procurement Committee
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Related Subjects
- Professional Certifications in procurement i.e. KISM, CIPS2
- Five (5) years’ experience relevant experience in a busy financial institution
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, procurement rules and regulations and on all phases of international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services
- Good working knowledge of INCOTERMS and international business practices.
- Knowledge of contract law and expertise in handling complex contract issues
- Knowledge in quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity systems and ability to identify sources of supply, market trends and pricing.
- Ability to apply technical expertise to resolve a range of issues/ problems
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with
a) A detailed Curriculum Vitae
b) Certified copies of Academic certificates, transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents
c) Copy of National Identity Card
d) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (DCI)
e) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
f) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
g) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
h) Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
i) Three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts
UNSACCO Ltd is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications and other relevant supporting documents must be submitted in soft copy only through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 29th January 2021 latest 5.00pm ( East Africa Time.)