Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Applied AI/ML Engineer
Who we are
At UTU we believe in a more human-friendly internet and are changing the way the world trusts online. UTU’s vision is to become the trust infrastructure of the entire internet, replacing anonymous star ratings, reviews, and scores as the de facto trust mechanisms of our digital lives. We do this in service of our mission to bridge the gap between how people trust in real life, and how they are asked to trust online. We believe in data as a human right and build for privacy first. Our goal is to make the internet a safer, more trusted place to gather, share, work, and trade.
UTU is kiswahili for “Humanity.” It reminds us of our home in Kenya and for whom we build this project. We currently have a team of 40 at our HQ in Nairobi and R&D collaborations with the Agents, Interactions, and Complexity Group at the University of Southampton in the UK as well as the newly established UKRI Trusted Autonomous Systems Hub.
UTU and our subsidiaries have been featured variously in international media, including Pitchbook, NPR, TechCrunch, Analytics India, Aithority, Disrupt Africa, How We Made it in Africa, and others. We won the 2019 East Africa Regional Championship of the Pegasus Tech Ventures Startup World Cup and have been named a 2020 Hello Tomorrow Deep Tech Pioneer.
What we need
We are looking for a self driven, innovative Senior Applied AI/ML Engineer to join our team. This is a strategic role that will enable you to take the lead in steering the team towards our vision through implementation of our growth strategy and product execution. We are looking for someone who cares deeply about the future of digital trust and will work to develop an in-depth understanding of our clients needs around trust and create powerful user experiences that address them. If you are looking to solve complex problems while making visible impact, we are looking for you.
- Work in an agile and iterative way together with the CTO, product manager, research partners, data scientists and fellow AI/ML and other engineers to devise and implement impactful and practically feasible AI/ML solutions to build and improve UTU’s trust and recommendation mechanisms.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the performance of deployed AI/ML solutions.
- Document developed solutions and their results and contribute to white papers, research, academic publications etc.
- Identify and propose use cases / client sectors to which UTU’s services might be comparatively easily adapted to.
- Adapt existing AI/ML solutions to new use cases / client sectors of UTU’s services.
- Propose and develop new approaches to improve the performance and effectiveness of our employed algorithms and mechanisms.
- Review and help to improve algorithms/mechanisms/implementations by data scientists and fellow AI/ML engineers.
- Inspire and see to the advancement of skills and work style of team members.
- Improve algorithm and code quality as a response to receiving reviews, but also as you find problems yourself.
- Identification of tools and methodologies which might help improve the AI/ML, product and/or development process.
- Envision and propose longer term technological goals and approaches, and identify appropriate existing technological platforms and solutions towards their realisation.
- Master’s or Doctorate in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in building AI/ML-driven applications.
- Good understanding of and strong skills in various AI/ML methods. Particularly around:
Explainable AI,causal inference, Bayesian ML/RL,Markov chain/processes and Monte-Carlo methods. Recent concrete methods such as: MCMC, Bayesian Rule Lists and other decision tree advances as well as hierarchical clustering.
- Experience with programming languages and tools to build prototypes and production-level implementations.
- An analytic mind and with great attention to detail.
- Team player with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to Have:
- Software engineering skills and technologies such as:
SOA, micro services, containers (Docker), container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Compose), clustering (of services and databases), node.js, go, Python, SQL databases (PostgreSQL), graph databases (Neo4j), other no-SQL databases (Redis), queueing systems (RabbitMQ), WebSockets, Ansible, Linux and shell scripting, AWS.
- Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated team and project leadership.
What you get
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, benefits for you and your family
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Free lunch when in the office
How We Work
We are a group of hard-working, fun-loving people who take our jobs seriously but like to laugh along the way. We are passionate about digital trust. We value community, diversity, and inclusion.
How to Apply
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Senior Applied AI/ML Engineer’ in your headline, on or before 05 February 2021:
- Descriptions of projects you have worked on.
- Links to source code you have written (if in a team, include indications which parts are yours).
- Links to your profiles on LinkedIn/Github or similar.
UTU Technologies is an equal opportunity employer we therefore encourage ladies to apply.
Shortlisting will be on a rolling basis