Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar High School Computer Studies Teacher for our Tatu Girls Campus. Please note this applies to teachers who have 3+ years teaching experience. The teacher will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 13 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the role:
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Teaching one of these subjects: Computer Studies.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and invested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior.
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and relevant Degree in Education.
- Strictly 3+ years teaching experience.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Teacher recruitment open day : This is an in-person Interview assessment in your subject area and a meet-up with the Nova Pioneer team.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.