Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About IPE Global
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting company providing expert technical solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. Through regional offices in Nairobi, as well as a branch office in Addis Ababa, they work across the African continent to:
- Foster inclusive growth, resilience, and promote market-based approaches to poverty reduction and job creation.
- Engage decision-makers and consumers in the Health, Nutrition, Education, WASH, and Social protection sectors to support human development.
- Strengthen public institutions through greater voice, transparency, and accountability in the use of evidence-based policymaking in government decision making.
Underpinning these 3 core disciplines is a long-standing track record in measuring results and learning, both to prove the impact of IPE Global’s work, and to improve the performance of the programmes they run.
About the role
IPE Global is seeking to hire a Regional Director who will head their Health, Nutrition, and WASH sectors in Africa.
The Africa Regional Director will manage and take lead on the development of outstanding technical work within their project portfolio, as well as lead the growth of IPE Global’s business in the region. This will involve providing technical assistance and development solutions within the Health, Nutrition, and WASH sectors in addition to leading teams of internal and external consultants across proposals and projects, as well as critically, building relationships and networks.
The role holder will have demonstrated expertise in one or more of these areas and will be comfortable providing technical oversight or support in the other sectors. They will also be a primary point of contact with clients and partners on the projects and initiatives which they lead.
This role will be based in either Nairobi, Kenya, or Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Act as a team leader, project manager, or technical expert on project delivery teams while managing teams of internal and external experts and consultants.
- Provide technical guidance across one or more of IPE Global’s key thematic areas e.g. Health, Nutrition, Water Sanitation, and Hygiene.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, including oversight on resource planning and scheduling.
- Drive effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of projects with a particular focus on project milestone targets and quality standards.
- Act as the primary point of engagement for clients and partners in developing their business, including marketing and pre-positioning in Africa (with a particular focus on East Africa and the Horn of Africa).
- Lead on management and development of proposals.
- Actively network with key client groups including multilateral and bilateral organisations especially USAID, MCC, World Bank, FCDO; philanthropic organizations such as BMGF, CIFF; and international NGOs.
- Actively develop a network of external consultants to support in-house teams with a focus on USAID supported projects.
- Attend networking events, meet new clients, and potential subcontractors to build relationships, and gather intelligence focussing on USAID funded projects.
- Produce thought leadership outputs (i.e. blog posts or case studies) that are in-line with IPE Global’s key service offerings.
- Act as a figurehead for the organization, positioning IPE Global as a well-respected thought leader in various conferences, workshops, and other public events.
- Identify and develop improvements to internal systems and processes.
- Collaborate with IPE Global’s wider team across their London, Delhi, Nairobi, Addis Ababa, and Yangon offices to promote knowledge sharing and develop expertise within the Health, Nutrition, and WASH sectors.
- Motivate and develop team members through leadership as well as identifying learning and development needs as required.
Does this sound like you?
- Postgraduate degree in Medicine, Public Health or Social Sciences, Economics, Business Studies, Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, or International Development, with an excellent academic record.
- Minimum of 15-20 years’ relevant work experience in at least one(1) thematic area (e.g. Health, Nutrition, WASH) – with not less than seven(7) years working in the EAC and or the Horn of Africa.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to a wide range of audiences.
- Solid understanding of a range of research methods, quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Ability to develop and manage client and stakeholder relationships, in addition to critical skills in leveraging networks to originate business opportunities.
- Proven track record of managing high performing teams and projects with tight budgets and deadlines.
- Experience leading a mix of both technical and operational staff at a regional level.
Nice to have:
- Relevant technical or professional accreditation.
- Deep experience in managing research studies; using applied statistical and spatial analytical techniques.
- Deep exposure to key international development actors, donors, and development agencies.
- Certification in Project Management i.e. PRINCE II.
- An appreciation of the commercial and operational realities of management consulting.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in French, Kiswahili, or Amharic.
Apply by 22 January 2021
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply.