Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANT POSITION (1) –HTs counselor: -AIC Health Ministries invites applications from experienced persons to fill the position HIV testing and counseling Counselor.
DUTY STATION: Kalobeyei /Kakuma 2, clinics in Turkana West Sub County.
The holder of the position will glorify God through provision of PITC services in the outpatient and during community outreach, including conducting sensitization on HTC services and promote provision of psychosocial disclosure counseling, adherence to care and treatment, encouraging family testing and facilitate referral of clients to facilities where they can access other health services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To offer quality HIV testing and counselling to all clients at facility and during community outreaches.
- Responsible for assessment of risk of the disease at an early stage.
- To educate his clients on HIV, AIDS and STD’s and their implications through different programs & policies.
- Provides unbiased information on HIV testing to clients & explains the testing process in simple way.
- Keep all the records, data about a patient confidential and safe.
- maintains a list of certifications of Rapid HIV Test, also conducts a report of risk assessment in which report he explains the implications of risk behaviours to his clients.
- Prepares a medical follow up for critical cases that have high risk of HIV infection.
- To submit a monthly statistical report as required by the program supervisor to look after every client properly on time.
- Participate in quality assurance exercise.
- Not only above duties but also performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Should have strong analytical skills and be result oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities and work
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in providing HIV health education in the facility.
- Should have competence in Microsoft applications.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals and project objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities and work under strict deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE:
- NASCOP trained in HIV testing and counselling.
- Must be enrolled in proficiency testing at NHRL.
- Diploma in any health-related field.
- At least 2 years experience in providing HIV counselling and testing in government or mission health facilities
Applicants should include a cover letter, detailed CV detailing work history and current responsibilities, salary history, educational certificates, and three references. Only individuals who meet the above-mentioned qualifications should apply.
Please send your application to: The Executive Director, AIC Health Ministries, BOX 40431-00100,NAIROBI NOT later than14th January 2020. Applications can also be sent through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org