Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supervisor: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
The Procurement Officer will act as the primary point of contact between suppliers and our company. You will be responsible for the procurement of products and goods for use in the business by identifying potential supplier sources, screening them and negotiating favorable payment terms. Other duties include monitoring supplier performance and ensuring contractual obligations are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Act as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
- · Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- · Developing sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of materials used in the business.
- · Maintaining relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional vendors.
- · Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased and the timeliness of deliveries.
- · Communicating with management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affecting production
- · Conducting cost analyses and setting benchmarks for improvement.
- · Developing risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages
- · Working closely with the company accounts department to make sure contracts and terms are favorable
- · Compare proposals for price and specifications
- · Perform market surveys and do a comparison between prices
- · Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs
- · Build and maintain long-term relationships with critical suppliers.
- · Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency.
- · Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports
- · Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- · Keep abreast of changing industry trends
- · Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- · Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth
- · Develop and implement a procurement strategy
- · Run tenders, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- · Conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
Academic and Professional qualifications
- · Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or other related field.
- · Being a member of KISM is an added advantage.
Relevant work experience required
- · 2 years of experience as a procurement officer in a busy organization. Experience in Hospitality industry is an added advantage.
- · Computer Skills – competent in the operation of the inquest system and any other POS systems including ERP.
- · Demonstrate strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- · Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative
- · Independent worker who can work well with minimal supervision
- · Fast worker with the ability to work well under pressure
- · Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to travel to meet with suppliers and work overtime as required
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
If you meet the requirements of the above job descriptions, submit your online application letter and up-to-date curriculum vitae by 20th January 2021. Applicants must indicate the JOB TITLE on the subject line and send it to email@example.com